where to download module mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.art3d

Hello
I 've made some test so as to display a rectangle in a 3d view by using matplotlib methods.
I get examples from address http://nullege.com/codes/show/src%40m%40a%40matplotlib-HEAD%40matplotlib%40lib%40mpl_toolkits%40mplot3d%40axes3d.py/881/art3d.Line3DCollection/python

import warnings
from matplotlib.axes import Axes, rcParams
from matplotlib import cbook
from matplotlib.transforms import Bbox
from matplotlib import collections
import numpy as np
from matplotlib.colors import Normalize, colorConverter, LightSource

import art3d
import proj3d
import axis3d

then I remark that art3d is not included in matplotlib module, but I do not find any way to download art3d from the net. And why "import art3d" rather than "import mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.art3d" ?
Is anybody is aware about this topic.
Thanks a lot.

Since I happen to be the de facto 3d guy around here, I will respond. I think your “example” is actually a bit of test code within the mplot3d module. Because the code is within the same directory as the other files, that code can simply import art3d without specifying the module it resides in.

I should also warn you that it seems like you want to use mplot3d for general 3d plotting. Mplot3d is not suitable for this because there are many layering artifacts that can occur. What are you planning to plot?

Ben Root

···

On Friday, August 12, 2011, WALTER Alain <alain.walter@…3719…> wrote:

Hello
I 've made some test so as to display a rectangle in a 3d view by using matplotlib methods.

I get examples from address http://nullege.com/codes/show/src%40m%40a%40matplotlib-HEAD%40matplotlib%40lib%40mpl_toolkits%40mplot3d%40axes3d.py/881/art3d.Line3DCollection/python

import warnings
import numpy as np

import art3d
import proj3d
import axis3d

then I remark that art3d is not included in matplotlib module, but I do not find any way to download art3d from the net. And why “import art3d” rather than “import mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.art3d” ?

Thanks a lot.

My purpose is explain by a new post more explicitely.
Alan

···

Date d'envoi : vendredi 12 août 2011 16:14
À : WALTER Alain
Cc : matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Objet : Re: [Matplotlib-users] where to download module mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.art3d

On Friday, August 12, 2011, WALTER Alain <alain.walter@...3719...<mailto:alain.walter@…3719…>> wrote:

Hello

import warnings
import numpy as np

import art3d
import proj3d
import axis3d

then I remark that art3d is not included in matplotlib module, but I do not find any way to download art3d from the net. And why "import art3d" rather than "import mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.art3d" ?
Thanks a lot.

Since I happen to be the de facto 3d guy around here, I will respond. I think your "example" is actually a bit of test code within the mplot3d module. Because the code is within the same directory as the other files, that code can simply import art3d without specifying the module it resides in.

I should also warn you that it seems like you want to use mplot3d for general 3d plotting. Mplot3d is not suitable for this because there are many layering artifacts that can occur. What are you planning to plot?

Ben Root