Using color in fill

I am using fill to make filled polygons. I want to fill the polygons with colors that reflect data values, similar to what imshow does.

Is there a way to extract the rgb tuples from a Colormap? This could be an array of N tuples, each tuple containing 3 0-1 floats that describe the color or three separate arrays, one each for red, green and blue.

I made the mistake of using some non-public attributes of the class colorMap to accomplish this in a previous version of matplotlib. That was a mistake since Colormap._red_lut, Colormap._green_lut and Colormap._blue_lut no longer exist.

Once I have the array of tuples, I can determine which one I want and create a hex string using rgb2hex to get a color suitable for use with fill.

I need the flexability to make the same plot using several different color maps.

···

--
Ms. Carol A. Leger
SRI International Phone: (650) 859-4114
333 Ravenswood Avenue G-273
Menlo Park, CA 94025 e-mail: leger@...392...

Yes, colormaps are callable so you can call the colormap with either a scalar value or an
array of values and what will be returned is a tuple of rgba values or an array (shape
= 4, nelements). See the docstring on __call__ for LinearSegmentedColormap in colors.py

Perry

···

On Jan 6, 2005, at 3:18 PM, Carol Leger wrote:

I am using fill to make filled polygons. I want to fill the polygons with colors that reflect data values, similar to what imshow does.

Is there a way to extract the rgb tuples from a Colormap? This could be an array of N tuples, each tuple containing 3 0-1 floats that describe the color or three separate arrays, one each for red, green and blue.

I made the mistake of using some non-public attributes of the class colorMap to accomplish this in a previous version of matplotlib. That was a mistake since Colormap._red_lut, Colormap._green_lut and Colormap._blue_lut no longer exist.

Once I have the array of tuples, I can determine which one I want and create a hex string using rgb2hex to get a color suitable for use with fill.

I need the flexability to make the same plot using several different color maps.
--
Ms. Carol A. Leger
SRI International Phone: (650) 859-4114
333 Ravenswood Avenue G-273
Menlo Park, CA 94025 e-mail: leger@...392...

-------------------------------------------------------
The SF.Net email is sponsored by: Beat the post-holiday blues
Get a FREE limited edition SourceForge.net t-shirt from ThinkGeek.
It's fun and FREE -- well, almost....http://www.thinkgeek.com/sfshirt