Updating Scatter Plot data

Hi,

I was just curious if there is a way to update the data for a scatter plot similar to the set_data function for a axes.plot object? The reason is because I need to update a scatter plot at various zoom levels and colors/distribution of the circles will change with the zoom level. I looked at the output from the get_paths and it does not correspond to the vertices of circles that are in the plot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aman

I found one method to work around this. I iterate through the list of collections by accessing the axes.collections list and checking to see if the type of the collection is a CircleCollection. If so, I remove the item then redraw the collection for the appropriate zoom level. This doesn’t really seem like an optimal way of doing this though.

-Aman

···

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Aman Thakral <aman.thakral@…287…> wrote:

Hi,

I was just curious if there is a way to update the data for a scatter plot similar to the set_data function for a axes.plot object? The reason is because I need to update a scatter plot at various zoom levels and colors/distribution of the circles will change with the zoom level. I looked at the output from the get_paths and it does not correspond to the vertices of circles that are in the plot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aman

Aman Thakral
B.Eng & Biosci, M.Eng Design