Upcoming release schedule thoughts

There have been bits and pieces of discussion about future releases on PRs, and I thought I'd bring it over here to tie loose ends together.

There have been 83 commits since 1.2.0 -- it's probably time to start thinking about a 1.2.1. The release candidate cycle shouldn't be as long for this, as it's only a bugfix release. If you are aware of any issues or PRs in the tracker that make sense for 1.2.1 (i.e. simple bugfixes), please assign to the 1.2.x milestone. Once that milestone is empty, sometime next week I will probably put out a 1.2.1rc1.

As for 1.3, we have MEP10 (documentation improvements) spearheaded by Nelle and MEP12 (gallery reorganization) spearheaded by Tony that I'd like to get in before that release. Both of these changes require a lot of manual work, but it's fairly separable work. Perhaps we can divide the modules amongst a number of volunteers so the fearless leaders of both these projects shoulders less of the burden? Given the size of these projects, that probably means holding off on 1.3 for some time, but we can always do another 1.2.x in the meantime.

Does this make sense? Any additional thoughts?

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks again for all the bug triaging and assignment that's gone on. We have 6 issues marked 1.2.x or 1.2.1 to sort through, which I think shouldn't be so bad, but we probably won't get through them today, so I'm going to push the 1.2.1rc1 candidate into next week.

Cheers,
Mike

ยทยทยท

On 01/16/2013 12:18 PM, Michael Droettboom wrote:

There have been bits and pieces of discussion about future releases on
PRs, and I thought I'd bring it over here to tie loose ends together.

There have been 83 commits since 1.2.0 -- it's probably time to start
thinking about a 1.2.1. The release candidate cycle shouldn't be as
long for this, as it's only a bugfix release. If you are aware of any
issues or PRs in the tracker that make sense for 1.2.1 (i.e. simple
bugfixes), please assign to the 1.2.x milestone. Once that milestone is
empty, sometime next week I will probably put out a 1.2.1rc1.