Type 1 font in figures needed

Hi,

I’m writing a conference paper and I “must” use only type 1 fonts. It seems
like matplotlib is using type 3. How can I use type 1 instead?

Thanks,

David

There isn’t a way to embed Type 1 fonts, but you can force matplotlib
to use the core 14 Postscript fonts only by setting the rcParam
“ps.useafm” to True.

Mike

···

Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

-- Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Space Telescope Science Institute
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

There isn't a way to embed Type 1 fonts, but you can force matplotlib to
use the core 14 Postscript fonts only by setting the rcParam "ps.useafm"
to True.

Or for the pdf backend,

rcParams['pdf.use14corefonts'] = True

and refrain from using any mathtext formatting.

Eric

···

On 05/25/2010 10:21 AM, Michael Droettboom wrote:

Mike

On 05/25/2010 04:10 PM, David Reichert wrote:

Hi,

I'm writing a conference paper and I "must" use only type 1 fonts. It
seems
like matplotlib is using type 3. How can I use type 1 instead?

Thanks,

David

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Space Telescope Science Institute
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

Thanks I guess that did the trick!

···

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Eric Firing <efiring@…202…> wrote:

On 05/25/2010 10:21 AM, Michael Droettboom wrote:

There isn’t a way to embed Type 1 fonts, but you can force matplotlib to

use the core 14 Postscript fonts only by setting the rcParam “ps.useafm”

to True.

Or for the pdf backend,

rcParams[‘pdf.use14corefonts’] = True

and refrain from using any mathtext formatting.ankls

Eric

Mike

On 05/25/2010 04:10 PM, David Reichert wrote:

Hi,

I’m writing a conference paper and I “must” use only type 1 fonts. It

seems

like matplotlib is using type 3. How can I use type 1 instead?

Thanks,

David

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.



Matplotlib-users mailing list

Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

Michael Droettboom

Science Software Branch

Space Telescope Science Institute

Baltimore, Maryland, USA



Matplotlib-users mailing list

Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users



Matplotlib-users mailing list

Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users