I have a snapshot of the 0.60 release candidate. Perry and I have
been feverishly exchanging emails about improvements to the image
interface and these have been added to this release. Here are some of
the changes since 0.54.2
* multiple images per axes with alpha blending - see
* multiple pixel images per figure with figimage. You can specify
and x,y offset and the image array will be dumped to the figure
canvas w/o resampling (but with alpha blending of previous images
you've laid down) - see examples/figimage_demo.py
* dynamically set rc params with the 'rc' command - see
* set the color limits and colormap for the current image (and change
the default colormap) with new commands clim, jet, and gray. More
colormaps will likely be added in short order.
* specify the origin of the image (upper or lower) with the 'origin'
kwarg to image commands. new rc params image.aspect,
image.interpolation, image.cmap, image.lut, image.origin
* more minor things in the CHANGELOG
CVS is current for those with ssh checkouts. Otherwise
win32 numeric build:
Because I want to send this release to the wider python world, and it
has some new features in it, I would appreciate if any and all could
try their favorite scripts and tests on it to discover any bugs.