small patch for axes.specgram

Hello,

This is fairly minor, but I'd wonder if you'd consider including it.

It adds an optional Fc parameter to the specgram method of the Axes
class, and makes the calculation of the extent a bit more efficient.

Also, a quick fix for mlab.py.

Thank you,
Glen Mabey

axes.py.diff (2.24 KB)

mlab.py.diff (599 Bytes)

The fix for mlab.py is obviously necessary, so I've committed it to SVN.

I'll defer to others with more experience with specgram to assess the rest of your patch.

Cheers,
Mike

Glen W. Mabey wrote:

···

Hello,

This is fairly minor, but I'd wonder if you'd consider including it.

It adds an optional Fc parameter to the specgram method of the Axes
class, and makes the calculation of the extent a bit more efficient.

Also, a quick fix for mlab.py.

Thank you,
Glen Mabey

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems? Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA

Glen, this looks fairly benign (the center frequency bit) so I am
happy to add it, but could I trouble you to make similar patch the
other spectral methods as well (eg psd, csd and cohere) for the sake
of consistency in the API?

JDH

···

On Nov 14, 2007 8:00 AM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@...31...> wrote:

I'll defer to others with more experience with specgram to assess the
rest of your patch.

Relax, patch attached.

Also, I am getting an error in numerix/__init__.py when it gets imported
by a script that is run by apache. Apparently, sys.argv has length 0,
so "del a" on line 38 fails.

Thanks,
Glen

axes.py.diff (7.84 KB)

···

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 08:59:15AM -0600, John Hunter wrote:

Glen, this looks fairly benign (the center frequency bit) so I am
happy to add it, but could I trouble you to make similar patch the
other spectral methods as well (eg psd, csd and cohere) for the sake
of consistency in the API?