Replotting inside a while loop

I have a program that enters a while loop, calculates a bunch of arrays and then plots
a figure. The user then looks at the figure and is asked wether the result is ok. If the
answer is no, then the calculations are redone and the figure replotted. If the answer is
yes then it exits the loop.

import pylab as p

end = False

while not end:
  (x,y,z) = calculate_arrays()
  figure(1)
  subplot(211)
  plot(x,z)
  subplot(212)
  plot(x,y)
  draw()

  end = confirm("is the plot ok?")
  clf()

However using the draw() command does not display the figure. How do I do this?
I am using Tkagg with numpy on a Mac OS X.

Cheers
    Tommy

try "show()"

···

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 13:20, Tommy Grav wrote:

I have a program that enters a while loop, calculates a bunch of
arrays and then plots
a figure. The user then looks at the figure and is asked wether the
result is ok. If the
answer is no, then the calculations are redone and the figure
replotted. If the answer is
yes then it exits the loop.

import pylab as p

end = False

while not end:
  (x,y,z) = calculate_arrays()
  figure(1)
  subplot(211)
  plot(x,z)
  subplot(212)
  plot(x,y)
  draw()

  end = confirm("is the plot ok?")
  clf()

However using the draw() command does not display the figure. How do
I do this?

While show() does display the figure it does not work for me as it will lock
up the script, so it never makes it to the end = confirm() line.

Cheers
    Tommy

···

On Jan 23, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Darren Dale wrote:

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 13:20, Tommy Grav wrote:

I have a program that enters a while loop, calculates a bunch of
arrays and then plots
a figure. The user then looks at the figure and is asked wether the
result is ok. If the
answer is no, then the calculations are redone and the figure
replotted. If the answer is
yes then it exits the loop.

import pylab as p

end = False

while not end:
  (x,y,z) = calculate_arrays()
  figure(1)
  subplot(211)
  plot(x,z)
  subplot(212)
  plot(x,y)
  draw()

  end = confirm("is the plot ok?")
  clf()

However using the draw() command does not display the figure. How do
I do this?

try "show()"

See the docs on interactive mode...
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/interactive.html

···

At 10:39 AM 1/23/2007, Tommy Grav wrote:

On Jan 23, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Darren Dale wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 January 2007 13:20, Tommy Grav wrote:
>> I have a program that enters a while loop, calculates a bunch of
>> arrays and then plots
>> a figure. The user then looks at the figure and is asked wether the
>> result is ok. If the
>> answer is no, then the calculations are redone and the figure
>> replotted. If the answer is
>> yes then it exits the loop.
>>
>> import pylab as p
>>
>> end = False
>>
>> while not end:
>> (x,y,z) = calculate_arrays()
>> figure(1)
>> subplot(211)
>> plot(x,z)
>> subplot(212)
>> plot(x,y)
>> draw()
>>
>> end = confirm("is the plot ok?")
>> clf()
>>
>> However using the draw() command does not display the figure. How do
>> I do this?
>
> try "show()"

While show() does display the figure it does not work for me as it
will lock
up the script, so it never makes it to the end = confirm() line.

Cheers
    Tommy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users