Question to tex_text and svg

Hi,

I really like the possibility to create labels with tex support. Unfortunately, using this feature, svg export seems to be no longer available. This is sad, because creating svg's was one of my major reasons using matplotlib. Using latex most of the time, it was possible to create high quality vector based images with the possibility to change them later (e.g. with inkscape). I use this feature mostly for language changings of labels or titles.

The error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_gtk.py", li ne 602, in save_figure
     self.canvas.print_figure(fname)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_gtkagg.py", line 114, in print_figure
     try: agg.print_figure(filename, dpi, facecolor, edgecolor, orientation)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_agg.py", li ne 458, in print_figure
     svg.print_figure(filename, dpi, facecolor, edgecolor, orientation)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py", li ne 315, in print_figure
     self.figure.draw(renderer)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/figure.py", line 498, in dra w
     for a in self.axes: a.draw(renderer)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/axes.py", line 1361, in draw
     self.xaxis.draw(renderer)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/axis.py", line 544, in draw
     tick.draw(renderer)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/axis.py", line 147, in draw
     if self.label1On: self.label1.draw(renderer)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/text.py", line 847, in draw
     self._mytext.draw(renderer)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/text.py", line 342, in draw
     renderer.draw_tex(gc, x, y, line,
AttributeError: RendererSVG instance has no attribute 'draw_tex'

Any idea, how to bring svg export back to work again ?

Regards

Werner