Question about how work Matplotlib on interactive mode

Hi list,

I want to realize an applciation similar to matplotlib in interactive mode.
From the python shell, we can load a file of data, extract some data, plot them.
A figure is then added to the window. The window can stay opened.
After having plotted them, we are able to load another file from the python shell, load a file of data, extract some data, plot them.
The new figure will be add in the window.

For the moment, i did the window, but i'm having some problems due to the gtk.main() thread.
I can't do anything except concerning signals in the window.
I'm not able to right something in the python shell as soon as the window is displayed.

How can i get control on the python shell to write in it new command?

Another question is:
I must be able to start the application from the python shell and by lauching the main.py files which contains a
if __name__ == "__main__":

There is some problem when i try to declare new element with the from import, as i declare my module in the __init__.py of my module as import pv.
None of the components of my module are found.
That's why i add to try if we import from the application or from the python shell.
#declare from the application
try:
    from internationalization import _
    from ihm.interface import interface
except:
#declare from the python shell.
    from pv.ihm.interface import interface

Is there a more elegant way to do this?

regards,
Philippe Collet

philopensource@...32... wrote:

Hi list,

I want to realize an applciation similar to matplotlib in interactive mode.
From the python shell, we can load a file of data, extract some data, plot them.
A figure is then added to the window. The window can stay opened.
After having plotted them, we are able to load another file from the python shell, load a file of data, extract some data, plot them.
The new figure will be add in the window.

For the moment, i did the window, but i'm having some problems due to the gtk.main() thread.
I can't do anything except concerning signals in the window.
I'm not able to right something in the python shell as soon as the window is displayed.

How can i get control on the python shell to write in it new command?

You may want to look at ipython, which in its -pylab mode, handles ths automatically for you: you get an interactive prompt with non-blocking control of matplotlib windows, for the Tk, WX, GTK and Qt backends (FLTK is not supported).

Cheers,

f