Qt backend

Hi all,

I have a PyQt application and want to show some charts on it. However, I don’t want to show the charts on a classic widget, instead I need to show the charts on a QGraphicsView/QGraphicsScene object. Because I am using graphics view’s zoom properties.

Therefore I want to paint the charts on a QPicture object. I looked at the Qt backend examples and realized that the examples paints the charts on a image, then converts the image to the a QImage object.

Drawing on a SVG is also enough for me, because I can show SVG items on graphics view framework, however SVG backend doesn’t draw well numbers and texts.

Please help me, All I want is resolution and machine independant charts that can be drawn on Qt objects.

Saki

I don’t think this is currently possible without using the output from the svg backend. The qt backend is only designed to render images produced by AGG, native qt rendering is not implemented.

Darren

···

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Mustafa Sakalsiz <sakalsiz@…2015…87…> wrote:

Hi all,

I have a PyQt application and want to show some charts on it. However, I don’t want to show the charts on a classic widget, instead I need to show the charts on a QGraphicsView/QGraphicsScene object. Because I am using graphics view’s zoom properties.

Therefore I want to paint the charts on a QPicture object. I looked at the Qt backend examples and realized that the examples paints the charts on a image, then converts the image to the a QImage object.

Drawing on a SVG is also enough for me, because I can show SVG items on graphics view framework, however SVG backend doesn’t draw well numbers and texts.

Please help me, All I want is resolution and machine independant charts that can be drawn on Qt objects.