Anyone going to pycon? I'll be giving a talk on matplotlib on
Wednesday -- http://www.python.org/pycon/2005/schedule.html -- and
would enjoy attaching faces to all these posts....
A sprint might be fun. It turns out that Monday is the only day I can
do a sprint. We could do something general purpose like picking goals
off the http://matplotlib.sf.net/goals.html page, or highly focused.
A few ideas, but please throw out more ideas
* contribute to the user's guide
* support arbitrary clipping paths
* gradient fills for polygons
* provide mathtext fonts that don't have the licensing restrictions
of bakoma, eg the umbellek fonts
* unicode support / internationalization
* expose latex/tex when available for mathtext rendering
* expose agg drawing primitives (paths, etc) directly.