problems merging docfixs to master from v1.0.x

Hello all,

I managed to merge my docfix/improve_description branch over to v1.0.x, but I am having trouble merging correctly over to master. It appears that the README.osx and make.osx files were changed in v1.0.x, but not in master. So my merge wants me to resolve these differences – which I am not about ready to do. There is also some sort of conflict with doc/faq/installing_faq.rst, but that conflict is easy to resolve (change build_dep to build-dep).

Maybe we need to cherry-pick the changes to README.osx and make.osx from v1.0.x to master first?

Thanks,
Ben Root

I don’t know if a cherry-pick is required – just someone who understands the changes and knows how the merge should be performed. Back in the SVN days, we encouraged the authors
making changes on the maintenance branch to merge into trunk (master), since they were best equipped to make judgment calls. Any thoughts on this from the git masters?

Mike

···

Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 10:19 AM
To: matplotlib development list
Subject: [matplotlib-devel] problems merging docfixs to master from v1.0.x

Hello all,

I managed to merge my docfix/improve_description branch over to v1.0.x, but I am having trouble merging correctly over to master. It appears that the README.osx and make.osx files were changed in v1.0.x, but not in master. So my merge wants me to resolve
these differences – which I am not about ready to do. There is also some sort of conflict with doc/faq/installing_faq.rst, but that conflict is easy to resolve (change build_dep to build-dep).

Maybe we need to cherry-pick the changes to README.osx and make.osx from v1.0.x to master first?

Thanks,

Ben Root