Problem formatting a 'step' histogram with a log scale and empty bins.

Hi!

I want to create a histogram with the step scale and I am finding an inconstancy when using a log scale. I have a very simple example without a log scale which works just as expected creating alternating bins with value one and value zero.

from pylab import *

hist([0.5,2.5,4.5],bins=[0,1,2,3,4,5,6],histtype=‘step’,log=False)

ylim(0.1,1.1)

show()

When I change the keyword log=False to log=True, the line connecting the bins with value one to the bins with value zero disappear. Is there any way I can get them to reaper? Is this a bug that should be fixed or is there a workaround?

Thanks!

log.png

regular.png

b9o2jnbm tsd71eam wrote:

Hi!

I want to create a histogram with the step scale and I am finding an inconstancy when using a log scale. I have a very simple example without a log scale which works just as expected creating alternating bins with value one and value zero.

from pylab import *
hist([0.5,2.5,4.5],bins=[0,1,2,3,4,5,6],histtype='step',log=False)
ylim(0.1,1.1)
show()

When I change the keyword log=False to log=True, the line connecting the bins with value one to the bins with value zero disappear. Is there any way I can get them to reaper? Is this a bug that should be fixed or is there a workaround?

It works for me using svn, and the problem sounds familiar, so I think this is a bug that was fixed.

Eric