matplotlib/wxmpl/numpy conflict on windows xp: runtime error, C-API ?

Does anyone know when the matplotlib install will be able to work with numpy1.0? numpy0.9.8 has a memory leak that crashes my program :(.

thanks!

···

Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.
Try it free.

Here is a link to a build that works with numpy-1.0b1. Pushing a
release now for 1.0 might be pointless, since the C-api could possibly
change and break compatibility again. After all, it still is a beta.

http://euclid.uits.iupui.edu/~cmoad/matplotlib-0.87.4_r2645-py2.4-win32.egg

···

On 8/7/06, izak marais <izakmarais@...9...> wrote:

Does anyone know when the matplotlib install will be able to work with
numpy1.0? numpy0.9.8 has a memory leak that crashes my program :(.

thanks!

________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

I wonder how long we should continue to hold off on a new release. As I said
in a previous email, Travis does not foresee changes to the C API before
numpy-1.1 (although he doesn't rule them out). Besides, several bug fixes and
new features have been added since 0.87.4.

Darren

···

On Monday 07 August 2006 08:55, Charlie Moad wrote:

Here is a link to a build that works with numpy-1.0b1. Pushing a
release now for 1.0 might be pointless, since the C-api could possibly
change and break compatibility again. After all, it still is a beta.

Darren Dale wrote:

Pushing a

release now for 1.0 might be pointless, since the C-api could possibly
change and break compatibility again. After all, it still is a beta.

I wonder how long we should continue to hold off on a new release. As I said in a previous email, Travis does not foresee changes to the C API before numpy-1.1 (although he doesn't rule them out). Besides, several bug fixes and new features have been added since 0.87.4.

Isn't the "current" version using numpy 0.9.8? No matter, they are ALL beta, (or alpha), so there is no reason to stick with any particular one.

1.0b seems to be the least buggy and most future-proof (which, of course, doesn't mean that much) at the moment, so I say we do it.

Charlie, can you do OS-X? I still don't have my build environment set up quite right, and you beat me to it last time. We'll need to put a new numpy mpkg on pythonmac.org at the same time. I'd be glad to do that, if it helps, but I need to make sure we use the same version.

-Chris

···

On Monday 07 August 2006 08:55, Charlie Moad wrote:

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer
                                         
NOAA/OR&R/HAZMAT (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker@...259...