[Matplotlib-users] import problems matplotlib.transforms, matplotlib.numerix

Hi all,

I am having troubles importing from matplotlib.transforms, specifically the Value and Point methods. Other than that I cannot import matplotlib.numerix, the error message is: no module named ‘matplotlib.numerix’. Now, I assume that this has to do with the matplotlib version, as I am using the latest version, and when I checked, there are indeed no ‘Value’ and ‘Point’ methods in the transforms module.

Does anyone know how this changed with versions and which version should I use to successfully import these modules?

Best wishes;

Izabel

Izabel,

You must be trying to run some extremely old code, more than 12 years old. Value and Point date back to the earliest days of mpl (the original _transforms.cpp written by John Hunter), and the numerix module was a compatibility shim for supporting the original Numeric and numarray, which were made obsolete by numpy. (I removed numerix in 2010; it had been deprecated for 17 months.)

Eric

···

On 2020/04/22 5:57 AM, Izabel Cvetković wrote:

Hi all,

I am having troubles importing from matplotlib.transforms, specifically the Value and Point methods. Other than that I cannot import matplotlib.numerix, the error message is: no module named 'matplotlib.numerix'. Now, I assume that this has to do with the matplotlib version, as I am using the latest version, and when I checked, there are indeed no 'Value' and 'Point' methods in the transforms module.

Does anyone know how this changed with versions and which version should I use to successfully import these modules?

Best wishes;
Izabel

1 Like