[matplotlib-devel] Basemap r8403 and numpy 2.0

I did. Do I have to recompile geos ? It should be independent of numpy, right ? So I shouldn't have to touch it ?
As far as I can tell, the setup picks up the proper versions of numpy and Python...

···

On Jun 10, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Jeff Whitaker wrote:

On 6/10/10 10:40 AM, Pierre GM wrote:

All,
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been using Basemap. I was just trying to update my local svn directory to r8403 and reinstall basemap, but an import fail w/ the following message:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in<module>
  File "~/basemap-dev/lib/mpl_toolkits/basemap/__init__.py", line 43, in<module>
    import _geoslib, netcdftime
  File "_geoslib.pyx", line 13, in _geoslib (src/_geoslib.c:4014)
ValueError: numpy.ndarray does not appear to be the correct type object
"""
I'm using numpy 2.0.0r8460 (development version). basemap can be successfully imported w/ the latest stable version, though. What am I doing wrong ?
Thx in advance.
P.

Pierre: That should have been fixed with a recompile of the _geoslib C extension Are you sure you deleted the build directory before reinstalling basemap?

Try to regenerate the c files from _geod.pyx, _proj.pyx, and _geoslib.pyx, using Cython-0.12.1. For example:

python -c "from Cython.Compiler.Main import main; main(command_line=1)" _geod.pyx

···

On 6/10/2010 10:14 AM, Pierre GM wrote:

All,
Sorry, it's been a while since I've been using Basemap. I was just trying to update my local svn directory to r8403 and reinstall basemap, but an import fail w/ the following message:
"""
"""
I'm using numpy 2.0.0r8460 (development version). basemap can be successfully imported w/ the latest stable version, though. What am I doing wrong ?
Thx in advance.
P.

Pierre: That should have been fixed with a recompile of the _geoslib C extension Are you sure you deleted the build directory before reinstalling basemap?

I did. Do I have to recompile geos ? It should be independent of numpy, right ? So I shouldn't have to touch it ?
As far as I can tell, the setup picks up the proper versions of numpy and Python...

--
Christoph

That did the trick. Thanks a million, I would have spent far more time trying to find this one...

···

On Jun 10, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Christoph Gohlke wrote:

On 6/10/2010 10:14 AM, Pierre GM wrote:

All,
"""
"""
Thx in advance.
P.

Try to regenerate the c files from _geod.pyx, _proj.pyx, and
_geoslib.pyx, using Cython-0.12.1. For example: