We are pleased to announce the release of 3.3.1. This is the first bug fix release of the 3.3.x series.
Pre-built wheels are available for most major platforms, and can be
installed using `pip install matplotlib==3.3.1`. Other packages may also
be available already; please check with your preferred source.
We are experimenting with a different method of producing wheels. Please notify us if you run into any issues with them.
The 3.3.1 release represents the work of 17 authors over 73 pull
requests, and we thank them for their contributions.
This release contains several critical bug-fixes:
* fix docstring import issues when running Python with optimization
* fix |hist| with categorical data, such as with Pandas
* fix install on BSD systems
* fix nbagg compatibility with Chrome 84+
* fix ordering of scatter marker size in 3D plots
* fix performance regression when plotting |Path|s
* fix reading from URL in |imread|
* fix several regressions with new date epoch handling
* fix some bad constrained and tight layout interactions with colorbars
* fix use of customized toolbars in TkAgg and WXAgg backends
For further details, please see the What's new in Matplotlib 3.3.1 page:
and the milestone on GitHub:
This release is signed by my GPG key. The fingerprint is:
23CA B59E 3332 F94D 26BE F037 8D86 E7FA E5EB 0C10
and it is also used to sign this message.