idle and ipython and axis

I have experienced the same problem with IDLE.
It only works with -n, but then you lose the nice feature of ‘starting over’.
Does anybody know a fix so we can do both?
Thanks,
Mark

BTW, when you use pylab in interactive mode, the axis() command should scale your figure interactively, also under IDLE. Have you tried that?

Mark,

BTW, when you use pylab in interactive mode, the axis() command should scale your figure interactively, also under IDLE. Have you tried that?

Yes, I tried using axis in both IDLE and IPython. IPython's redrew the axis automatically whereas IDLE's did not.

I am not sure, but I think this difference in behavior is b/c IPython is a bit better about calling draw_if_interactive after "most pylab functions" (see Eric Firing's Re: [Matplotlib-users] clearing a figure) than IDLE is.

I have experienced the same problem with IDLE.
It only works with -n, but then you lose the nice feature of 'starting over'.
Does anybody know a fix so we can do both?

I too would LOVE to have the ability to start over as IDLE w/o the -n allows. Unfortunately for me (on a Mac) I've not yet been unable to use WxAgg w/matplotlib using Mac-available packages. I might be able to use it after I'm done following http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2007-January/025368.html, but I'm in crunch-mode at the moment, so that install is going slowly.

--b