drawing lines an exact angles

Hello:

I am trying to create a drawing for slope stability analysis and I need to draw lines at certain angles with certain lengths and than to calculate the angle of the lines intersections. Is it possible to use matplotlib?

Thank you in advance

Ionut

Matplotlib can plot the lines, but there’s not anything inherent to the calculation of the angle of intersection. But if you represent the slopes as vectors, the angle of intersection can be found from the dot product of the vectors.

Ryan

···

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM, sandric ionut <sandricionut@…120…9…> wrote:

Hello:

I am trying to create a drawing for slope stability analysis and I need to draw lines at certain angles with certain lengths and than to calculate the angle of the lines intersections. Is it possible to use matplotlib?

Thank you in advance

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma

···

To: sandric ionut <sandricionut@…9…>
Cc: Matplotlib matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:37:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Matplotlib-users] drawing lines an exact angles

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM, sandric ionut <sandricionut@…9…> wrote:

Hello:

Thank you in advance

Matplotlib can plot the lines, but there’s not anything inherent to the calculation of the angle of intersection. But if you represent the slopes as vectors, the angle of intersection can be found from the dot product of the vectors.

Ryan

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma