CocoaAgg and Macosx backend

Good Morning,

I was wondering if someone could let know what is the status of the two backends and if the CocoaAgg backend is still supported as it does not appear in the list of backend in the Faq.
I saw in one of the post of Michiel de Hoon dating back 2008 that the MacOsX backend does not allow for integration of matplotlib within a cocoa application, I was wondering if it is still the case.
Also, I tried to find some tutorial or example showing how to use the two backend but could not find one, maybe i overlooked something and would be grateful if someone could point it to me.

I thank you in advance for any response and for this great package.

Regards,

Brice

I was wondering if someone could let know what is the
status of the two backends and if the CocoaAgg backend is
still supported as it does not appear in the list of backend
in the Faq.

As far as I can tell it still works, but it doesn't seem to be up to date with the other backends.

I saw in one of the post of Michiel de Hoon dating back
2008 that the MacOsX backend does not allow for integration
of matplotlib within a cocoa application, I was wondering if
it is still the case.

Maybe "does not allow" is too strong an expression. The MacOSX backend was not designed to be integrated within a cocoa application, but somebody sufficiently familiar with cocoa may be able to find a way to do so.

Also, I tried to find some tutorial or example showing how
to use the two backend but could not find one, maybe i
overlooked something and would be grateful if someone could
point it to me.

What do you mean by how to use the backend? In principle, the MacOSX backend has the same functionality as the other GUI backends.

--Michiel.

ยทยทยท

--- On Sun, 6/6/10, Brice Thurin <brice@...3139...> wrote: