Build failure of SVN8415 on Solaris 10 SPARC

The latest stable (0.99.3) matplotlib builds ok on Solaris 10 03/05 on SPARC.

However, your latest trunc release has some useful fixes, so it was downloaded by a fellow Sage devloper. However, when I try to build this version on a Sun Blade 1000 running Solaris 10 03/05, it presents a problem:

/usr/include/stdlib.h:144: error: declaration of C function 'void swab(const char*, char*, ssize_t)' conflicts with
/usr/include/unistd.h:480: error: previous declaration 'void swab(const void*, void*, ssize_t)' here
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
Error building matplotlib package.

There are two declarations of 'swab' in the Solaris header files, and what one you get depends on the compilation mode. The reasons are explained in the Solaris header files.

The issue is traced at

http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9202

where you will see the full error message and attachments of the header files.

For this, gcc 4.4.4 was used.

Dave

However, your latest trunc release has some useful fixes, so it was downloaded
by a fellow Sage devloper. However, when I try to build this version on a Sun
Blade 1000 running Solaris 10 03/05, it presents a problem:

/usr/include/stdlib.h:144: error: declaration of C function 'void swab(const
char*, char*, ssize_t)' conflicts with
/usr/include/unistd.h:480: error: previous declaration 'void swab(const void*,
void*, ssize_t)' here

There are two declarations of 'swab' in the Solaris header files, and what one
you get depends on the compilation mode. The reasons are explained in the
Solaris header files.

The issue is traced at

Can you get it to work by adding "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE" to your CFLAGS environment variable?

Eric

···

On 06/11/2010 10:54 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

Dave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkGeek and WIRED's GeekDad team up for the Ultimate
GeekDad Father's Day Giveaway. ONE MASSIVE PRIZE to the
lucky parental unit. See the prize list and enter to win:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo

void*, ssize_t)' here

Solaris header files.

The issue is traced at

Can you get it to work by adding "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE" to your CFLAGS
environment variable?

Eric

I did reply, but I think off-list by mistake. So I'll reply to the list.

I think this actually causes the build to break earlier.

Do you have access to Sun SPARC hardware? If not, I can almost certainly arrange access to a Sun T5240 (16 core) at the University of Washington for a serious matplotlib developer.

Dave

ld/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_image
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_image/image_interps.svg -> bui
creating build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_
mathtext
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext.pdf -> build
/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext.png -> build
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext.svg -> build
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stix.pdf ->
build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stix.png ->
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stix.svg ->
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stixsans.pdf
  -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_matht
ext
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stixsans.png
ext
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stixsans.svg
ext
creating build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_
simplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/clipping.pdf ->
  build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplifi
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/clipping.png ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/clipping.svg ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/clipping_diamon
d.pdf -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_
simplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/clipping_diamon
d.png -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_
simplification
d.svg -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_
simplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/fft_peaks.pdf -
> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplif
ication
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/fft_peaks.png -
> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplif
ication
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/fft_peaks.svg -
ication
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/hatch_simplify.
pdf -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_si
mplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/hatch_simplify.
png -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_si
mplification
svg -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_si
mplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/overflow.pdf ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/overflow.png ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/overflow.svg ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/simplify_curve.
pdf -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_si
mplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/simplify_curve.
png -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_si
mplification
svg -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_si
mplification
spines
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spines/spines_axes_positions.p
df -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spi
nes
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spines/spines_axes_positions.p
ng -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spi
nes
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spines/spines_axes_positions.s
vg -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spi
nes
text
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/font_styles.pdf -> build/
lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/font_styles.png -> build/
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/font_styles.svg -> build/
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/multiline.pdf -> build/li
b.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/multiline.png -> build/li
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/multiline.svg -> build/li
copying lib/dateutil/zoneinfo/zoneinfo-2010g.tar.gz -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-su
n4u-2.6/dateutil/zoneinfo
running build_ext
building 'matplotlib.ft2font' extension
creating build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6
creating build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/src
creating build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX
gcc -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -fPIC -DPY
_ARRAY_UNIQUE_SYMBOL=MPL_ARRAY_API -DPYCXX_ISO_CPP_LIB=1 -I/export/home/drkirkby
/32/sage-4.4.3/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/core/include -I/export/ho
me/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/freetype2 -I/export/home/drkirkby/32/sag
e-4.4.3/local/include -I/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include -I. -I
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c src/ft2font.cpp -
o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/src/ft2font.o
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/O
bjC but not for C++
<command-line>: warning: "_XOPEN_SOURCE" redefined
<built-in>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.
6/Python.h:8,
                  from ./CXX/WrapPython.h:58,
                  from ./CXX/Extensions.hxx:37,
                  from src/ft2font.h:4,
                  from src/ft2font.cpp:1:
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h:1013:1: w
arning: "_FILE_OFFSET_BITS" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/sys/time.h:24,
                  from ./CXX/WrapPython.h:43,
/usr/local/gcc-4.4.3/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/4.4.3/include-fixed/sys/featu
re_tests.h:197:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
src/ft2font.cpp: In member function 'Py::Object FT2Font::get_sfnt_table(const Py
::Tuple&)':
src/ft2font.cpp:1569: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1572: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1597: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1661: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1684: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1705: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1708: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1725: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
gcc -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -fPIC -DPY
_ARRAY_UNIQUE_SYMBOL=MPL_ARRAY_API -DPYCXX_ISO_CPP_LIB=1 -I/export/home/drkirkby
/32/sage-4.4.3/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy/core/include -I/export/ho
me/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/freetype2 -I/export/home/drkirkby/32/sag
e-4.4.3/local/include -I/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include -I. -I
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c src/mplutils.cpp
-o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/src/mplutils.o
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/O
bjC but not for C++
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c CXX/cxx_extension
s.cxx -o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX/cxx_extensions.o
bjC but not for C++
In file included from /export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.
                  from CXX/cxx_extensions.cxx:37:
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h:1013:1: w
/usr/local/gcc-4.4.3/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/4.4.3/include-fixed/sys/featu
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c CXX/cxxsupport.cx
x -o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX/cxxsupport.o
bjC but not for C++
                  from CXX/cxxsupport.cxx:37:
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c CXX/IndirectPytho
nInterface.cxx -o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX/IndirectPythonInterface.
o
bjC but not for C++
                  from CXX/IndirectPythonInterface.cxx:37:
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c CXX/cxxextensions
.c -o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX/cxxextensions.o
                  from CXX/cxxextensions.c:37:
In file included from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:23,
                  from /usr/include/stdlib.h:22,
                  from /export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.
6/Python.h:42,
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:146: error: field 'ru_utime' has incomplete type
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:147: error: field 'ru_stime' has incomplete type
In file included from /usr/include/sys/termio.h:13,
6/pyport.h:472,
6/Python.h:58,
/usr/include/sys/termios.h:375: error: field 'tv' has incomplete type

real 0m51.119s
user 0m47.346s
sys 0m3.132s
sage: An error occurred while installing matplotlib-0.99.3-svn8415-with-D_XOPEN_
SOURCE
Please email sage-devel http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel
explaining the problem and send the relevant part of

···

On 06/11/10 10:28 PM, Eric Firing wrote:

void*, ssize_t)' here

Solaris header files.

The issue is traced at

Can you get it to work by adding "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE" to your CFLAGS
environment variable?

Eric

I did reply, but I think off-list by mistake. So I'll reply to the list.

I think this actually causes the build to break earlier.

Do you have access to Sun SPARC hardware? If not, I can almost certainly arrange
access to a Sun T5240 (16 core) at the University of Washington for a serious
matplotlib developer.

Dave,

Thanks, but much as I would like to see this problem solved, I don't really want to get sucked into it. I haven't messed with Suns for many years, and I am not eager to resume.

Did you compile the previous version of matplotlib that you used on your machine, or did someone else there do it?

Have you looked at the Cookbook entry?
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/CompilingMatPlotLibOnSolaris10

Eric

···

On 06/11/2010 03:24 PM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

On 06/11/10 10:28 PM, Eric Firing wrote:

Dave

copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_image/image_interps.svg -> bui
mathtext
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext.pdf -> build
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext.png -> build
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext.svg -> build
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stix.pdf ->
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stix.png ->
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stix.svg ->
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stixsans.pdf
ext
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stixsans.png
ext
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_mathtext/mathtext_stixsans.svg
ext
simplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/clipping.pdf ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/clipping.png ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/clipping.svg ->
cation
d.pdf -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_
simplification
d.png -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_
simplification
d.svg -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_
simplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/fft_peaks.pdf -
ication
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/fft_peaks.png -
ication
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/fft_peaks.svg -
ication
mplification
mplification
mplification
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/overflow.pdf ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/overflow.png ->
cation
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_simplification/overflow.svg ->
cation
mplification
mplification
mplification
spines
df -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spi
nes
ng -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spi
nes
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spines/spines_axes_positions.s
vg -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_spi
nes
text
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/font_styles.pdf -> build/
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/font_styles.png -> build/
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/font_styles.svg -> build/
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/multiline.pdf -> build/li
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/multiline.png -> build/li
copying lib/matplotlib/tests/baseline_images/test_text/multiline.svg -> build/li
copying lib/dateutil/zoneinfo/zoneinfo-2010g.tar.gz -> build/lib.solaris-2.10-su
n4u-2.6/dateutil/zoneinfo
running build_ext
building 'matplotlib.ft2font' extension
creating build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6
creating build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/src
creating build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c src/ft2font.cpp -
o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/src/ft2font.o
bjC but not for C++
src/ft2font.cpp: In member function 'Py::Object FT2Font::get_sfnt_table(const Py
::Tuple&)':
src/ft2font.cpp:1569: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1572: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1597: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1661: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1684: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1705: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1708: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
src/ft2font.cpp:1725: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break stri
ct-aliasing rules
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c src/mplutils.cpp
-o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/src/mplutils.o
bjC but not for C++
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c CXX/cxx_extension
s.cxx -o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX/cxx_extensions.o
bjC but not for C++
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c CXX/cxxsupport.cx
x -o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX/cxxsupport.o
bjC but not for C++
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c CXX/IndirectPytho
nInterface.cxx -o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX/IndirectPythonInterface.
o
bjC but not for C++
/export/home/drkirkby/32/sage-4.4.3/local/include/python2.6 -c CXX/cxxextensions
.c -o build/temp.solaris-2.10-sun4u-2.6/CXX/cxxextensions.o
In file included from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:23,
                   from /usr/include/stdlib.h:22,
6/Python.h:42,
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:146: error: field 'ru_utime' has incomplete type
/usr/include/sys/resource.h:147: error: field 'ru_stime' has incomplete type
In file included from /usr/include/sys/termio.h:13,
6/pyport.h:472,
6/Python.h:58,
/usr/include/sys/termios.h:375: error: field 'tv' has incomplete type

real 0m51.119s
user 0m47.346s
sys 0m3.132s
sage: An error occurred while installing matplotlib-0.99.3-svn8415-with-D_XOPEN_
SOURCE
Please email sage-devel http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel
explaining the problem and send the relevant part of

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkGeek and WIRED's GeekDad team up for the Ultimate
GeekDad Father's Day Giveaway. ONE MASSIVE PRIZE to the
lucky parental unit. See the prize list and enter to win:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo

This issue is new and not related to the issue on the cookbook, I'm
pretty sure. I have the same problem on my box at work, and it was
introduced when I upgraded to CXX6. I have spent some time on it but
haven't found the fix yet. I guess it's my bug :frowning:

I've added it to the tracker:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3022815&group_id=80706&atid=560720

···

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Eric Firing <efiring@...202...> wrote:

Do you have access to Sun SPARC hardware? If not, I can almost certainly arrange
access to a Sun T5240 (16 core) at the University of Washington for a serious
matplotlib developer.

Dave,

Thanks, but much as I would like to see this problem solved, I don't
really want to get sucked into it. I haven't messed with Suns for many
years, and I am not eager to resume.

Did you compile the previous version of matplotlib that you used on your
machine, or did someone else there do it?

Have you looked at the Cookbook entry?
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/CompilingMatPlotLibOnSolaris10

I have a fix in that appears to work. Comments from the tracker
below. If anyone sees a problem with my fix, let me know::

The CXX/WrapPython.h header has the following code to deal with the swab
issue

// Prevent multiple conflicting definitions of swab from stdlib.h and
unistd.h
#if defined(__sun) || defined(sun)
#if defined(_XPG4)
#undef _XPG4
#endif
#endif

See

The header of stdlib.h on the sage tracker and on my solaris system say
this:

/*
* swab() has historically been in <stdlib.h> as delivered from AT&T
* and continues to be visible in the default compilation environment.
* As of Issue 4 of the X/Open Portability Guides, swab() was declared
* in <unistd.h>. As a result, with respect to X/Open namespace the
* swab() declaration in this header is only visible for the XPG3
* environment.
*/

Ie, the swab declaration is visible for the XPG3 environment but
WrapperPython.h is only unsetting XPG$. The proposed fix is to also unset
XPG3 in this environment. I don't pfully understand all these macros, but
this seems consistent with the comments in stdlib and with what WrapPython
is trying to do, and it works (mpl compiles and passes tests).

So I am committing the following change to mpl's CXX (this should also be
pushed upstream into CXX where we might get better feedback on whether this
change is indeed correct).

// Prevent multiple conflicting definitions of swab from stdlib.h and
unistd.h
#if defined(__sun) || defined(sun)
#if defined(_XPG4)
#undef _XPG4
#endif
#if defined(_XPG3)
#undef _XPG3
#endif
#endif

JDH

···

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:25 AM, John Hunter <jdh2358@...287...> wrote:

This issue is new and not related to the issue on the cookbook, I'm
pretty sure. I have the same problem on my box at work, and it was
introduced when I upgraded to CXX6. I have spent some time on it but
haven't found the fix yet. I guess it's my bug :frowning:

I've added it to the tracker:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3022815&group_id=80706&atid=560720