bug with two plots, second plot frozen

Hello,

When upgrading from mpl 0.82 to 0.83.2 an application I made stopped working. When displaying two plots simultaneously, the second plot does not respond, neither to the toolbar, nor to direct changes from the program. If one keeps trying interacting with the toolbar python will also freeze (or enter an infinity loop or something). It worked well on mpl 0.82. I made an example script that reproduces this behaviour.

I was not able to identify the cause, but neither the toolbar nor the specific type of graph is to blame (in my application I use imshow, here I use plot).

My system has Debian Sarge (stable), python 2.3.5 and pygtk 2.0.0

Best regards,
Jo�o Silva

two_plots_bug.py (1.26 KB)

Jo�o Lu�s Silva wrote:

Hello,

When upgrading from mpl 0.82 to 0.83.2 an application I made stopped working. When displaying two plots simultaneously, the second plot does not respond, neither to the toolbar, nor to direct changes from the program. If one keeps trying interacting with the toolbar python will also freeze (or enter an infinity loop or something). It worked well on mpl 0.82. I made an example script that reproduces this behaviour.

I just tested with mpl 0.84 and this bug no longer occurs. I have no idea why, but at least it works now.

JS