I produced a set of alternative Debian packages for matplotlib
version 0.63.4. These are based on Vittorio Palmisano's packages,
but include the following changes:
* I fixed the dependencies and build-dependencies. The package
should now build fine on build-daemons and such.
* I only build the gtkagg backend, to keep the list of dependencies
* I made the package build without an X-server connection.
* The package does no longer install duplicates of the Vera* TTF
font files but uses the ones from ttf-bitstream-vera instead.
This reduces the binary package size by several 100kb.
* The example scripts in the -doc package are executable.
You can find my packages on my homepage at
Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Vittorio: fell free to incorporate all these changes into your
packages as you see fit.
All the best,