What's up with py2exe_datafiles?

Hi all,

as far as I can tell, matplotlib.py2exe_datafiles is broken with the latest release. Is it getting fixed?

Also, there is a LOT of stuff in there -- is there a way to strip out the stuff you may not need for a particular application? I'm using MPl embedded in a wxPython app, and I don't need the icons, etc, nor do a need a bunch of fonts. I suppose it's just disk space, though.

One more question:

In mpl-data, there are a bunch of images and fonts. There are also subdirectories "images", and "fonts", with a bunch more? My the different places for these?

-CHB

···

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
NOAA/NOS/OR&R (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker@...259...

Christopher Barker wrote:

Hi all,

as far as I can tell, matplotlib.py2exe_datafiles is broken with the latest release. Is it getting fixed?

Also, there is a LOT of stuff in there -- is there a way to strip out the stuff you may not need for a particular application? I'm using MPl embedded in a wxPython app, and I don't need the icons, etc, nor do a need a bunch of fonts. I suppose it's just disk space, though.

One more question:

In mpl-data, there are a bunch of images and fonts. There are also subdirectories "images", and "fonts", with a bunch more? My the different places for these?

I can't speak for py2exe specifically, but the source tree doesn't have any fonts or images at the root of mpl-data. Perhaps the py2exe script is copying things there?

Mike

···

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA