Web interface for matplotlib

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list for this, so please bear with me if this is not for you.

I have developed a web front end for matplotlib, rather inspired by matlab development environment. You can find more of the details here:
http://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/users/santoso/Software.WebLab.html

It is usable right now although with some known problem especially in the area of secure code execution.
Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Yusdi

···

_________________________________________________________________
Mortgage refinance is Hot. *Terms. Get a 5.375%* fix rate. Check savings https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2Fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2bbb&disc=y&vers=925&s=4056&p=5117

Yusdi,

weblab looks like a really awesome project.

I haven't installed it yet, but I noticed that you released it LGPL.

Did you by chance already take into account this page?

http://www.scipy.org/License_Compatibility

Glen

···

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 03:10:54PM -0700, Yusdi Santoso wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list for this, so please bear with
me if this is not for you.

I have developed a web front end for matplotlib, rather inspired by matlab
development environment. You can find more of the details here:
http://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/users/santoso/Software.WebLab.html

It is usable right now although with some known problem especially in the
area of secure code execution.
Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the pointer. I am not really particular or savy about licenses, I just happened to pick LGPL just because I though that it will be the most flexible. I suppose I could just release the next version with another license.

Thanks again.

Yusdi

···

_________________________________________________________________
Don�t quit your job � Take Classes Online and Earn your Degree in 1 year. Start Today! http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866146&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866144

That would be great: if you licensed it BSD, then both matplotlib and
ipython could directly benefit from your code. As it stands, neither
of us can touch your code, and what you are doing meshes very well
where the ipython development is moving, so we'd be thrilled to
collaborate with you. But as long as your code remains *GPL, we can't
approach it.

Thanks for considering this.

Cheers,

f

···

On 4/20/07, Yusdi Santoso <yusdi@...476...> wrote:

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the pointer. I am not really particular or savy about licenses, I
just happened to pick LGPL just because I though that it will be the most
flexible. I suppose I could just release the next version with another
license.

Hi Yusdi,

Great stuff!

I'm working this year on a Google Summer of Code project related to
crunchy (Interactive Python tutorials served through a web browser):
http://code.google.com/p/crunchy/

and part of the project is developing a plugin for seamlessly
integrating matplotlib (and other image generating python libraries)
into it, so I'll keep an eye on WebLab.

Edin

···

On 4/19/07, Yusdi Santoso <yusdi@...476...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list for this, so please bear with
me if this is not for you.

I have developed a web front end for matplotlib, rather inspired by matlab
development environment. You can find more of the details here:
http://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/users/santoso/Software.WebLab.html

Hi Edin,

Thanks for the message. In fact I had some emails from André Roberge from crunchy about possible collaboration. We'll see how things transpire :slight_smile:

Yusdi

···

From: "Edin Salkovic" <edin.salkovic@...149...>
Hi Yusdi,

Great stuff!

I'm working this year on a Google Summer of Code project related to
crunchy (Interactive Python tutorials served through a web browser):
http://code.google.com/p/crunchy/

and part of the project is developing a plugin for seamlessly
integrating matplotlib (and other image generating python libraries)
into it, so I'll keep an eye on WebLab.

Edin

_________________________________________________________________
Mortgage refinance is Hot. *Terms. Get a 5.375%* fix rate. Check savings https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2Fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2bbb&disc=y&vers=925&s=4056&p=5117

Hi all,

As per the feedback I received from some of you, I am releasing the next version of WebLab with MIT license. Also in the new release are more demo files as well as new GUI toolkit.

http://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/users/santoso/Software.WebLab.html

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
Best regards,

Yusdi

···

_________________________________________________________________
Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate new payment http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-19132&moid=14888

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the feedback for my early release of WebLab, a web front end for Python and Matplotlib. Based on your comments I am releasing a new version with the folowing enhancements:

- Works on Windows XP, Linux and Mac OS X
- Released under MIT license
- Completely rehauled user interface (see some nice screenshots in the website)
- easy access to matplotlib functionalities
- A simple dialog toolkit for adding interactivity to the program
- syntax highligting text editor
- fully functioning online file manager

Some of the planned features for near future are:
- Data import and viewing utility for CSV or Tab limited file. The data will be directly loadable into numpy matrix for easy access
- More built in tutorial, possibly an integration with Crunchy (http://code.google.com/p/crunchy/)
- Host the project in Google code website.

You can find all of the goodies here:
http://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/users/santoso/Software.WebLab.html

Enjoy,

Yusdi

···

_________________________________________________________________
Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps. http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?ss=Restaurants~Hotels~Amusement%20Park&cp=33.832922~-117.915659&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=1118863&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01