v1.0.x branch?

Hi all,

I thought we have a "v1.0.x" branch on the github repo, but no more.

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/branches

Hmm...
Is it (accidentally?) removed or do we now use another branch for
maintenance (although I don't see any alternative)?

Regards,

-JJ

Mike, you may be the most likely to have the latest changes in a local
branch. Would you please push it?

···

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Jae-Joon Lee <lee.j.joon@...149...> wrote:

Hi all,

I thought we have a "v1.0.x" branch on the github repo, but no more.

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/branches

Hmm...
Is it (accidentally?) removed or do we now use another branch for
maintenance (although I don't see any alternative)?

Looking at the network, this seems to be the last commit on the 1.0.x branch:

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/commit/e5970f4fa6589089ce60dad955831c7632606ead

This seems to be where I somehow killed the 1.0.x branch by doing what I thought was a regular merge into master:

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/commit/0d81e6774388b7bf2150f91f95fa83db6ad7bfc4

So, I suppose we need to make a branch that points to e5970f? I'm not going to experiment with this stuff -- any thoughts on how to correct it?

Mike

···

On 04/12/2011 09:55 AM, Darren Dale wrote:

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Jae-Joon Lee<lee.j.joon@...149...> wrote:
   

Hi all,

I thought we have a "v1.0.x" branch on the github repo, but no more.

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/branches

Hmm...
Is it (accidentally?) removed or do we now use another branch for
maintenance (although I don't see any alternative)?
     

Mike, you may be the most likely to have the latest changes in a local
branch. Would you please push it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forrester Wave Report - Recovery time is now measured in hours and minutes
not days. Key insights are discussed in the 2010 Forrester Wave Report as
part of an in-depth evaluation of disaster recovery service providers.
Forrester found the best-in-class provider in terms of services and vision.
Read this report now! http://p.sf.net/sfu/ibm-webcastpromo
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel
   
--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Space Telescope Science Institute
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Ok. I hope I fixed it. Here's what I did (from my clone of the matplotlib/matplotlib repository)

> git branch v1.0.x e5970f4
> git push origin v1.0.x

Looking at the commit history and contents at the tip of this branch, everything looks ok. Someone want to verify for me?

Mike

···

On 04/12/2011 09:29 AM, Michael Droettboom wrote:

Looking at the network, this seems to be the last commit on the 1.0.x
branch:

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/commit/e5970f4fa6589089ce60dad955831c7632606ead

This seems to be where I somehow killed the 1.0.x branch by doing what I
thought was a regular merge into master:

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/commit/0d81e6774388b7bf2150f91f95fa83db6ad7bfc4

So, I suppose we need to make a branch that points to e5970f? I'm not
going to experiment with this stuff -- any thoughts on how to correct it?

Mike

On 04/12/2011 09:55 AM, Darren Dale wrote:
   

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Jae-Joon Lee<lee.j.joon@...149...> wrote:

Hi all,

I thought we have a "v1.0.x" branch on the github repo, but no more.

https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/branches

Hmm...
Is it (accidentally?) removed or do we now use another branch for
maintenance (although I don't see any alternative)?

Mike, you may be the most likely to have the latest changes in a local
branch. Would you please push it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forrester Wave Report - Recovery time is now measured in hours and minutes
not days. Key insights are discussed in the 2010 Forrester Wave Report as
part of an in-depth evaluation of disaster recovery service providers.
Forrester found the best-in-class provider in terms of services and vision.
Read this report now! http://p.sf.net/sfu/ibm-webcastpromo
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Space Telescope Science Institute
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

That looks right to me. I find it easier to keep a local copy of
integration branches like v1.0.x and master, so I had a slightly out
of date local v1.0.x from April 2, and it compares well with what you
just pushed. I was just missing the gitwash clarifications, my
lingering print statement and the fixed agg link. Thank you for fixing
it.

Any chance you did a "git push upstream :v1.0.x"? That is how a branch
gets deleted.

Darren

···

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@...31...> wrote:

Ok. I hope I fixed it. Here's what I did (from my clone of the
matplotlib/matplotlib repository)

> git branch v1.0.x e5970f4
> git push origin v1.0.x

Looking at the commit history and contents at the tip of this branch,
everything looks ok. Someone want to verify for me?

BTW, I do that for my old stable branches: in addition to my main
ipython repo directory, I keep a branches/ dir with static copies of
those:

/home/fperez/ipython/branches
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 10 fperez 4096 2010-10-25 13:13 0.10.1/
drwxr-xr-x 12 fperez 4096 2011-04-09 00:42 0.10.2/

which I manage with the very useful git new-workdir tool:

http://kohei.us/2010/11/16/working-with-a-branch-using-git-new-workdir/

Cheers,

f

···

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Darren Dale <dsdale24@...149...> wrote:

That looks right to me. I find it easier to keep a local copy of
integration branches like v1.0.x and master