Upload a higher res logo to github

Looks like github has changed the layout of the default landing page for any github account. This now has the account’s profile image shown much larger than originally intended. Our front page now has a very pixelated logo on display. Given how much we pride ourselves on high-quality images, we should probably fix this:

https://github.com/matplotlib

Cheers!
Ben Root

This has been bugging me for a while...

···

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@...553...> wrote:

Looks like github has changed the layout of the default landing page for any
github account. This now has the account's profile image shown much larger
than originally intended. Our front page now has a very pixelated logo on
display. Given how much we pride ourselves on high-quality images, we
should probably fix this:

https://github.com/matplotlib

Cheers!
Ben Root

--
Damon McDougall
http://www.damon-is-a-geek.com
B2.39
Mathematics Institute
University of Warwick
Coventry
West Midlands
CV4 7AL
United Kingdom

It is now fixed. I just uploaded a higher resolution image of the same thing.

Mike

···

On 10/10/2012 04:31 PM, Damon McDougall wrote:

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@...553...> wrote:

Looks like github has changed the layout of the default landing page for any
github account. This now has the account's profile image shown much larger
than originally intended. Our front page now has a very pixelated logo on
display. Given how much we pride ourselves on high-quality images, we
should probably fix this:

https://github.com/matplotlib

Cheers!
Ben Root

This has been bugging me for a while...

Oh, that is much better. Thank you!

Ben Root

···

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@…55…31…> wrote:

It is now fixed. I just uploaded a higher resolution image of the same

thing.

Mike

On 10/10/2012 04:31 PM, Damon McDougall wrote:

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@…553…> wrote:

Looks like github has changed the layout of the default landing page for any

github account. This now has the account’s profile image shown much larger

than originally intended. Our front page now has a very pixelated logo on

display. Given how much we pride ourselves on high-quality images, we

should probably fix this:

https://github.com/matplotlib

Cheers!

Ben Root

This has been bugging me for a while…


Don’t let slow site performance ruin your business. Deploy New Relic APM

Deploy New Relic app performance management and know exactly

what is happening inside your Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, and .NET app

Try New Relic at no cost today and get our sweet Data Nerd shirt too!

http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic-dev2dev


Matplotlib-devel mailing list

Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

That looks nice.

On a related note, should the link below the logo not point to
matplotlib.org since http://matplotlib.sf.net/ just redirects to this site?

In addition it the python code for the sidebar illustrations on the
front side i.e.
http://matplotlib.org/_static/logo_sidebar_horiz.png available somewhere.
The polar plot is clipped in the top an bottom and it would be nice
to fix that and add these plot examples to the screenshot page opened
when clicking on the image.

Plots similar to 1 and 3 are there but no contour plot is shown.

Jens

···

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@...553...> wrote:

Oh, that is *much* better. Thank you!

Ben Root

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@...31...> wrote:

It is now fixed. I just uploaded a higher resolution image of the same
thing.

Mike

On 10/10/2012 04:31 PM, Damon McDougall wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@...553...> wrote:
>> Looks like github has changed the layout of the default landing page
>> for any
>> github account. This now has the account's profile image shown much
>> larger
>> than originally intended. Our front page now has a very pixelated logo
>> on
>> display. Given how much we pride ourselves on high-quality images, we
>> should probably fix this:
>>
>> https://github.com/matplotlib
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Ben Root
> This has been bugging me for a while...
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't let slow site performance ruin your business. Deploy New Relic APM
Deploy New Relic app performance management and know exactly
what is happening inside your Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, and .NET app
Try New Relic at no cost today and get our sweet Data Nerd shirt too!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic-dev2dev
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't let slow site performance ruin your business. Deploy New Relic APM
Deploy New Relic app performance management and know exactly
what is happening inside your Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, and .NET app
Try New Relic at no cost today and get our sweet Data Nerd shirt too!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic-dev2dev
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel