Unknown Path Error

I recently re-installed matplotlib (0.99) on my vista machine and my code that worked yesterday (no changes) no longer runs because of the following matplotlib error:

File “C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\lines.py”, line 286, in contains
path, affine = self._transformed_path.get_transformed_path_and_affine()
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get_transformed_path_and_affine’

All I am doing is initially drawing a line2D (which works) and then testing if line2D.contains(event)==True if I mouse over the line. As I said this worked fine yesterday.

I tried re-installing with an older version but to no avail. I am totally clueless as to why this is happening. Anyone have a guess.

-Andrew

Can you provide a standalone example that reproduces this error?

Cheers,
Mike

Andrew Kelly wrote:

···

I recently re-installed matplotlib (0.99) on my vista machine and my code that worked yesterday (no changes) no longer runs because of the following matplotlib error:

File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\lines.py", line 286, in contains
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_transformed_path_and_affine'

All I am doing is initially drawing a line2D (which works) and then testing if line2D.contains(event)==True if I mouse over the line. As I said this worked fine yesterday.

I tried re-installing with an older version but to no avail. I am totally clueless as to why this is happening. Anyone have a guess.

-Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA

I spent some time trying to cobble one together but it was taking too much time so I tried the following and it seems to work now:

Instead of using a thick line2D and adding it to the drawing, I added a patches.Rectangle instead. The line2D works in 0.88.5 but not in 0.99. The newer version was tripping over the Artist.contains() function call when used with line2D.

···

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@…2662…> wrote:

Cheers,

Mike

Andrew Kelly wrote:

File “C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\lines.py”, line 286, in contains

AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get_transformed_path_and_affine’

-Andrew

Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on what you do best, core application coding. Discover what’s new with Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july

Matplotlib-users mailing list

Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

Michael Droettboom

Science Software Branch

Without a some example code to reproduce the bug, it's going to be very difficult to track this down. The "pick_event_demo.py" is working for me, and it flows through the offending method without problems. It's possible that your code sets things up in a way we didn't anticipate and it worked "by accident" in earlier versions, and a change has broken it now. We'd like to not have these breakages, but without seeing what you're doing, it's impossible to avoid that.

If you can't provide a standalone example, can you at least provide the complete traceback (not just the inner most frame)?

Mike

Andrew Kelly wrote:

···

I spent some time trying to cobble one together but it was taking too much time so I tried the following and it seems to work now:

Instead of using a thick line2D and adding it to the drawing, I added a patches.Rectangle instead. The line2D works in 0.88.5 but not in 0.99. The newer version was tripping over the Artist.contains() function call when used with line2D.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@...86... > <mailto:mdroe@…86…>> wrote:

Cheers,
    Mike

Andrew Kelly wrote:

I recently re-installed matplotlib (0.99) on my vista machine
        and my code that worked yesterday (no changes) no longer runs
        because of the following matplotlib error:

File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\lines.py",
        line 286, in contains
           path, affine =
        self._transformed_path.get_transformed_path_and_affine()
        AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
        'get_transformed_path_and_affine'

All I am doing is initially drawing a line2D (which works) and
        then testing if line2D.contains(event)==True if I mouse over
        the line. As I said this worked fine yesterday.

I tried re-installing with an older version but to no avail.
         I am totally clueless as to why this is happening. Anyone
        have a guess.

-Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal
        Reports 2008 30-Day trial. Simplify your report design,
        integration and deployment - and focus on what you do best,
        core application coding. Discover what's new with Crystal
        Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july

matplotlib-users List Signup and Options

-- Michael Droettboom
    Science Software Branch

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch