twin axes aspect ration adjust

Hi all guys,

I have already spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to set the aspect ratio of all axeses in my plot which consists of a single subplot and three y axes. Namely, i tried to set the aspect ratio of the base axes, and i expect after twinx that others will inheritt that. So, what i basically want is to make figure wider and thiner.

Best regards and thanx,

···

Nemanja Savić

Hi again,

I think I am very near to discover how the things work, but I need a bit or ur help. What I basically want is to apply the same aspect ratio to all Axes objects. I realized that whenevr twinx is called, a new axes is added in the list of axeses. So, my question is now, why when I set aspect ratio of 0.5 to one of the axeses, the others don’t follow that?

Best

···

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 5:44 AM, Nemanja Savic <vlasinac@…1003…7…> wrote:

Hi all guys,

I have already spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to set the aspect ratio of all axeses in my plot which consists of a single subplot and three y axes. Namely, i tried to set the aspect ratio of the base axes, and i expect after twinx that others will inheritt that. So, what i basically want is to make figure wider and thiner.

Nemanja Savić

Best regards and thanx,

Nemanja Savić

Well, step by step it goes.

So, I realized that for “normal” behaviour, all axeses should have same y limit, but i need different, so there should be certain way to calculate differente num values for aspect ratio for every axes based on ylim value. But i hope there is more easier way to do that?

Best

···

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Nemanja Savic <vlasinac@…1003…7…> wrote:

Hi again,

I think I am very near to discover how the things work, but I need a bit or ur help. What I basically want is to apply the same aspect ratio to all Axes objects. I realized that whenevr twinx is called, a new axes is added in the list of axeses. So, my question is now, why when I set aspect ratio of 0.5 to one of the axeses, the others don’t follow that?

Best

Nemanja Savić

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 5:44 AM, Nemanja Savic <vlasinac@…287…> wrote:

Hi all guys,

Nemanja Savić

Best regards and thanx,

Nemanja Savić