I use matplotlib 1.5.0 via macports on MacOSX 10.10.5 and I'm testing
the TkAgg backend (the MacOSX backend has some annoying bugs).
I notice the following strange behavior in a IPython 4.0.0 console:
1. run the following lines:
In : %matplotlib tk
In : import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
In : plt.figure()
2. focus the figure window (with command-tab, for example)
3. press command-w to close the window, the window closes
4. focus the terminal window (with command-tab, for example)
5. focus the Python app which still exist (with command-tab, for
example), the figure window re-appears (!!) but it is not functional
6. cycle the focus between the windows of the Python app (with
command-`), the figure window will be interactive again
7. try again to close the window (clicking the 'x' or again with
command-w), the window disappears
8. back to 4
I haven't found a way to get rid of the window. The MacOSX backe works
correctly in this respect.
Can someone else on MacOSX confirm the bug?
Where should I start debugging?