John Hunter wrote:
After reading in a separate thread that Eric was having trouble with
svnmerge, I gave it a try and got
jdhunter@...687...:mpl> svnmerge.py merge v0_98_5_maint
svnmerge: "v0_98_5_maint" is not a subversion working directory
Maybe our svn merge guru (MD) could take a look and see if anything
looks out of whack?
I don't understand exactly what was going on, but I suspect there may have been two or more problems--especially since you seem to have run into the same error message that I was getting.
One problem, I think, is that I was trying to run svnmerge from a subdirectory instead of from the root of my checkout. I simply did not notice that I was in the wrong directory until I had thrashed around for a while.
There may be, or have been, a larger problem as well--maybe caused by me, maybe not. In any case, to get things working, I reran
svnmerge init https://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/matplotlib/branches/v0_98_5_maint
but it looks like I was still in the wrong directory when I did that, so I don't know if it had any useful effect.
After getting into the right directory, some combination of svn up and svnmerge merge seemed to get everything straightened out, with a little editing to resolve conflicts along the way.
That was last night, in the misty past. Now it looks like I am back with the original problem I started with last night, and which you also reported:
efiring@...340...:~/programs/py/mpl/mpl_trunk$ svnmerge avail /branches/v0_98_5_maint
svnmerge: "/branches/v0_98_5_maint" is not a subversion working directory
So, I'm baffled again. It is as if Jae-Joon's commit since mine of last night, and my corresponding "svn up" this morning, wiped out the svnmerge tracking info.
I suspect a brief wave of Mike's magic wand tomorrow morning will clear away the fog.