svn problems

Hi,

I have a problem with svn. When updating trunk today I get the following from line 94 in matplotlib/__init__.py:

__date__ = '$Date: 2008-12-15 21:46:00 +0100 (må, 15 dec 2008) $'

As you can see there is a 'å' in the Date string but there is no encoding specified at the top of the file so I get a SyntaxError about unspecified encoding when I import matplotlib. It seems svn assumes utf-8.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python25\Scripts\ipython.py", line 28, in <module>
     IPython.Shell.start().mainloop()
   File "c:\python\external\ipython\IPython\Shell.py", line 1243, in start
     shell = _select_shell(sys.argv)
   File "c:\python\external\ipython\IPython\Shell.py", line 1200, in _select_shell
     import matplotlib
   File "c:\python\external\matplotlib-trunk\build\lib.win32-2.5\matplotlib\__init__.py", line 94
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xc3' in file c:\python\external\matplotlib-trunk\build\lib.win32-2.5\matplotlib\__init__.py on line 94, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details

Does anyone know how I can force svn and tortoise svn to not include the last part with the weekday? I'm not sure if svn always uses utf-8 if that is the case then we could just add the encoding specification and everything will work. I believe it would be best if this can be fixed on the server side otherwise this problem will come up now and again depending on user configurations.

/Jörgen