stixsans + mathtext.default : regular

Mike (or anyone else),

I’ve been using the following combination of settings:

mathtext.fontset : stixsans
mathtext.default : regular

I’ve noticed this crashes when I run scripts that include mathtext with \rm{} commands. In fact, I get a massive traceback with this configuration when running the mathtext_examples.py. Here’s the last few lines:

File “/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/pyparsing.py”, line 950, in _parseNoCache

tokens = fn( instring, tokensStart, retTokens )

File “/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py”, line 2381, in symbol

return [Hlist( [self._make_space(0.2),

File “/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py”, line 2351, in _make_space

state.font, rcParams['mathtext.default'], 'm', state.fontsize, state.dpi)

File “/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py”, line 446, in get_metrics

info = self._get_info(font, font_class, sym, fontsize, dpi)

File “/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py”, line 579, in _get_info

self._get_glyph(fontname, font_class, sym, fontsize)

File “/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py”, line 812, in _get_glyph

fontname, font_class, uniindex)

File “/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py”, line 919, in _map_virtual_font

mapping = mapping[font_class]

KeyError: ‘regular’

Is this a supported configuration? I know that I personally like the look of the text with these two settings. Thoughts?

Ryan

···

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma

The 'regular' font stuff just isn't very well tested yet. I think I have a fix in SVN now.

Mike

Ryan May wrote:

···

Mike (or anyone else),

I've been using the following combination of settings:

mathtext.fontset : stixsans
mathtext.default : regular

I've noticed this crashes when I run scripts that include mathtext with \rm{} commands. In fact, I get a massive traceback with this configuration when running the mathtext_examples.py. Here's the last few lines:

File "/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/pyparsing.py", line 950, in _parseNoCache
    tokens = fn( instring, tokensStart, retTokens )
  File "/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py", line 2381, in symbol
    return [Hlist( [self._make_space(0.2),
  File "/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py", line 2351, in _make_space
    state.font, rcParams['mathtext.default'], 'm', state.fontsize, state.dpi)
  File "/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py", line 446, in get_metrics
    info = self._get_info(font, font_class, sym, fontsize, dpi)
  File "/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py", line 579, in _get_info
    self._get_glyph(fontname, font_class, sym, fontsize)
  File "/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py", line 812, in _get_glyph
    fontname, font_class, uniindex)
  File "/home/rmay/.local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/mathtext.py", line 919, in _map_virtual_font
    mapping = mapping[font_class]
KeyError: 'regular'

Is this a supported configuration? I know that I personally like the look of the text with these two settings. Thoughts?

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma
------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco, CA
-OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the Enterprise
-Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source participation
-Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code: SFAD