STIX fonts bug in 0.91.0 release

I suppose this was bound to happen...

The released version has a bug that prevents using the (serif) STIX
fonts. Entirely my fault for not checking all font possibilities after
a recent change.

r4492 fixes this bug.

Let me know how you want to proceed... I'm happy to help cutting
another release if we decide to do that.

Sorry,
Mike

···

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA

I think we should wait until we've had a chance to collect a few bugs
first... We'll announce on mpl-users, and after a few days to give
bugs a chance to filter in, we'll cut 90.1, and then announce to a
wider audience, eg python-list.

JDH

···

On Nov 28, 2007 2:21 PM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@...31...> wrote:

I suppose this was bound to happen...

The released version has a bug that prevents using the (serif) STIX
fonts. Entirely my fault for not checking all font possibilities after
a recent change.

r4492 fixes this bug.

Let me know how you want to proceed... I'm happy to help cutting
another release if we decide to do that.

So should I bother with binary releases for 0.91.0? I assume you meant 0.91.1 below as well.

- Charlie

···

On Nov 28, 2007, at 3:34 PM, John Hunter wrote:

On Nov 28, 2007 2:21 PM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@...31...> wrote:

I suppose this was bound to happen...

The released version has a bug that prevents using the (serif) STIX
fonts. Entirely my fault for not checking all font possibilities after
a recent change.

r4492 fixes this bug.

Let me know how you want to proceed... I'm happy to help cutting
another release if we decide to do that.

I think we should wait until we've had a chance to collect a few bugs
first... We'll announce on mpl-users, and after a few days to give
bugs a chance to filter in, we'll cut 90.1, and then announce to a
wider audience, eg python-list.

JDH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by: The Future of Linux Business White Paper
from Novell. From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going
mainstream. Let it simplify your IT future.
http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/8857-50307-18918-4
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

Yes, I meant 91.1 and yes, we should go ahead with the binary
releases. The only way we can find any bugs in the current release,
including any problems we may see with the binaries, is to put out
91.0 in full bloom. Since it has been a long time since we did a
release, and a lot of work has gone in in the interim, we can
anticipate some bugs in the first week and hopefully we can sort them
out pretty quickly and pt out a stable bugfix release next week. Now
if only your baby will let you get some real work done :slight_smile:

JDH

···

On Nov 28, 2007 7:55 PM, Charles Moad <cwmoad@...149...> wrote:

So should I bother with binary releases for 0.91.0? I assume you
meant 0.91.1 below as well.

Alternatively, if it is not much more work since you haven't built the
binaries to get the latest snapshot with Michael's fix and just
release it as 91.1 now, that would be great too. I just think we need
to get a full release out so people can and will test on a variety of
systems before we can assume that the important bugs are out.

JDH

···

On Nov 28, 2007 9:21 PM, John Hunter <jdh2358@...149...> wrote:

On Nov 28, 2007 7:55 PM, Charles Moad <cwmoad@...149...> wrote:
> So should I bother with binary releases for 0.91.0? I assume you
> meant 0.91.1 below as well.

Yes, I meant 91.1 and yes, we should go ahead with the binary
releases. The only way we can find any bugs in the current release,
including any problems we may see with the binaries, is to put out
91.0 in full bloom.