Saving animation with coloured background

Hi

I’m trying to save a animation, which I’ve generated using animation.FuncAnimation.
The animation has it’s background set by plt.rcParams[‘figure.facecolor’] = ‘black’
Which works with plt.show(), though not with animation save.
I know that plt.save needs the argument facecolor to save a figure with a given background, but the animations save does not like such an argument.
What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

Pål

You aren’t doing anything wrong. It is most likely an oversight on our part to not consider that use-case. Could you file a bug report about this?

Cheers!

Ben Root

···

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Pål Gunnar Ellingsen <paalge@…287…> wrote:

Hi

I’m trying to save a animation, which I’ve generated using animation.FuncAnimation.
The animation has it’s background set by plt.rcParams[‘figure.facecolor’] = ‘black’

I know that plt.save needs the argument facecolor to save a figure with a given background, but the animations save does not like such an argument.
What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

Pål

Hi
I’ve submitted a bug report "Issue #1008" on github (which I had trouble finding).

Regards

Pål

···

On 11 July 2012 17:41, Benjamin Root <ben.root@…1304…> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Pål Gunnar Ellingsen <paalge@…287…> wrote:

Hi

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

Pål

You aren’t doing anything wrong. It is most likely an oversight on our part to not consider that use-case. Could you file a bug report about this?

Cheers!

Ben Root