Runtime error with matplotlib in IDLE

I have an error when running my script using matplotlib using IDLE. I suspect it is something to do with either numpy or matplotlib and I was wondering if any other users have had a similar problem. I have recently installed Python, matplotlib and numpy, I have not had it working correctly using IDLE on this machine. The error message is:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Python27\pythonw.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s supporter team for more information.

The window header says Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (which seems to be about debugging). The error occurs about 50% of the time. When I run my script in the command line it runs fine everytime. I am using matplotlib and generating a pdf. If I remove the pdf generation step I still get the error. But running another script (on the csv module) don’t seem to generate the error. I have searched on the internet without luck (suggestion of installing visual studio which I have got) or posting to the scipy list (well Im not using scipy).

I am using Win7 32 bit and matplotlib 1.1 and numpy 1.6.1 and python 2.7. Has anyone else had similar message?

Catherine

Don't have a solution; I was just wondering if you have tried something else,
like using ipython instead of IDLE. ipython may be better suited for
threading and working with pylab, etc.

···

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Runtime-error-with-matplotlib-in-IDLE-tp33478456p33480306.html
Sent from the matplotlib - users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Thanks for the reply. I do like ipython might try the gui version.

···

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM, gsal <salgerman@…287…> wrote:

Don’t have a solution; I was just wondering if you have tried something else,

like using ipython instead of IDLE. ipython may be better suited for

threading and working with pylab, etc.