removing ticks & axes from 3d plot

I need help on how to remove the ticks and axes lines on a 3d plot. I got rid of the tick labels using

ax.w_xaxis.set_ticklabels([’’]) but I haven’t been able to figure out how to do the ticks themselves.

Also, is there a way to remove the gray background & grid to have a free standing 3d plot?

image.png
David Pine

In v1.0.1, there is no easy way to do this. However, when v1.1.0 gets officially released and the documentation is uploaded, I will post some links to show how to do this.

Cheers!
Ben Root

···

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:56 PM, David Pine <djpine@…287…> wrote:

I need help on how to remove the ticks and axes lines on a 3d plot. I got rid of the tick labels using

ax.w_xaxis.set_ticklabels([‘’]) but I haven’t been able to figure out how to do the ticks themselves.

Also, is there a way to remove the gray background & grid to have a free standing 3d plot?

David,

In v1.1.0, you can use ax.set_frame_on(False) to keep the panels from being drawn. This will also prevent the ticks, ticklabels, axis labels and such from being drawn.

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/mpl_toolkits/mplot3d/api.html#mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.axes3d.Axes3D.set_frame_on

I hope this helps!
Ben Root

···

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@…3176…> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:56 PM, David Pine <djpine@…287…> wrote:

ax.w_xaxis.set_ticklabels([‘’]) but I haven’t been able to figure out how to do the ticks themselves.

In v1.0.1, there is no easy way to do this. However, when v1.1.0 gets officially released and the documentation is uploaded, I will post some links to show how to do this.

Cheers!
Ben Root