This is the first bug fix release for the 3.0 series which fixes
- Fix failure to import bug when on Python 3.6.7 and 3.7.1
- Fixed a number of failure to import bugs around finding fonts
- Fix Qt4 backend
- Fix bug on OSX that recursively searched current directory for fonts
- Fix bouncing-rocket on OSX when doing backend fallback and not
- Temporarily restore several private APIs to unbreak cartopy
- Make pyplot more tolerant of varying signatures in 3rd-party
- Improve datetime64 unit handling
- Fixed several poor interactions with tight_layout
We had planned to do this next weekend (Nov 3), but the failure to import
bug with the latest patch releases of python 3.6 and 3.7 pushed us to do
this release ASAP.
Wider announcement when wheels are ready when everything is on pypi.
tcaswell at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...