redraw figure embedded in GTK?

I’ve got a series of subplots in a matplotlib.FigureCanvas instance which is embedded in a gtk viewport. Everything seems to work correctly when I start the application - i.e. the series of subplots are displayed. But, I need to be able to interactively change the axis settings by clicking on GTK buttons. I have not yet figured out how to make the subplots redraw after changing the axis settings.

Based on the dynamic_image_gtkagg.py example, I have done the following (code not complete here):

f = Figure(figsize=(5,4), dpi=100)

canvas = FigureCanvas(f)

manager = pylab.get_current_fig_manager()

and later, when I need to redraw the subplots:

manager.canvas.draw()

But, although I have confirmed that the axis settings are changed, the subplots are not redrawn using the new settings.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Horton

Ottawa, Canada

I'd been working on this all day, with no progress. But I finally hit the gold mine with Google.

I needed to change the draw command to:

f.canvas.draw()

Now my application appears to be working correctly. The previous version was not triggering any errors, but it was not working.

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada

···

On 19 Aug 2006, at 20:13, Kevin Horton wrote:

I've got a series of subplots in a matplotlib.FigureCanvas instance which is embedded in a gtk viewport. Everything seems to work correctly when I start the application - i.e. the series of subplots are displayed. But, I need to be able to interactively change the axis settings by clicking on GTK buttons. I have not yet figured out how to make the subplots redraw after changing the axis settings.

Based on the dynamic_image_gtkagg.py example, I have done the following (code not complete here):
  f = Figure(figsize=(5,4), dpi=100)
  canvas = FigureCanvas(f)
  manager = pylab.get_current_fig_manager()

and later, when I need to redraw the subplots:

manager.canvas.draw()

But, although I have confirmed that the axis settings are changed, the subplots are not redrawn using the new settings.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.