Python 3

All,

Now that NumPy is available for python 3.1 and SciPy is well on its
way (apparently), are there any plans for matplotlib to be ported?

Al

There are definitely plans; in fact, there's a SVN branch for it.
There are no major impediments--the branch can already run a simple
example. Unfortunately, development time seems to be quite a lacking
resource of late (I *know* it has for me). Patches, however, are
always accepted. :slight_smile:

Ryan

···

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM, A. S. Budden <abudden@...287...> wrote:

All,

Now that NumPy is available for python 3.1 and SciPy is well on its
way (apparently), are there any plans for matplotlib to be ported?

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma

Which svn branch?
More users ---> more tests and even patches :slight_smile:

Xavier

···

On 09/21/2010 04:13 PM, Ryan May wrote:

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM, A. S. Budden <abudden@...287...> wrote:
  

All,

Now that NumPy is available for python 3.1 and SciPy is well on its
way (apparently), are there any plans for matplotlib to be ported?
    

There are definitely plans; in fact, there's a SVN branch for it.
There are no major impediments--the branch can already run a simple
example. Unfortunately, development time seems to be quite a lacking
resource of late (I *know* it has for me). Patches, however, are
always accepted. :slight_smile:

Ryan

The one called Py3k :slight_smile:

http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/matplotlib/branches/py3k/

Ryan

···

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Xavier Gnata <xavier.gnata@...287...> wrote:

On 09/21/2010 04:13 PM, Ryan May wrote:

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM, A. S. Budden <abudden@...287...> wrote:

All,

Now that NumPy is available for python 3.1 and SciPy is well on its
way (apparently), are there any plans for matplotlib to be ported?

There are definitely plans; in fact, there's a SVN branch for it.
There are no major impediments--the branch can already run a simple
example. Unfortunately, development time seems to be quite a lacking
resource of late (I *know* it has for me). Patches, however, are
always accepted. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Which svn branch?
More users ---> more tests and even patches :slight_smile:

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma

In case you want to have ipython while testing, there's already an
experimental py3k branch of ipython as well:

http://github.com/takowl/ipython/tree/ipy3-newkernel

We'll be working with Thomas over the next few months to merge
upstream as much of his work as possible, so that we start having
decent py3k support in ipython. If you end up helping IPython as
well, even better :slight_smile:

Cheers,

f

···

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Ryan May <rmay31@...287...> wrote:

The one called Py3k :slight_smile:

http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/matplotlib/branches/py3k/

I'm not a svn expert but I get an error when I try to checkout the py3k
branch:
svn: Repository moved temporarily to '/viewvc/matplotlib/branches/';
please relocate
Any clues?

xavier

···

On 09/25/2010 12:02 AM, Fernando Perez wrote:

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Ryan May <rmay31@...287...> wrote:
  

The one called Py3k :slight_smile:

http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/matplotlib/branches/py3k/

In case you want to have ipython while testing, there's already an
experimental py3k branch of ipython as well:

http://github.com/takowl/ipython/tree/ipy3-newkernel

We'll be working with Thomas over the next few months to merge
upstream as much of his work as possible, so that we start having
decent py3k support in ipython. If you end up helping IPython as
well, even better :slight_smile:

Cheers,

f

That URL was a link to the web view of SVN. You need to checkout from:

svn co https://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/matplotlib/branches/py3k

Ryan

···

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Xavier Gnata <xavier.gnata@...287...> wrote:

I'm not a svn expert but I get an error when I try to checkout the py3k
branch:
svn: Repository moved temporarily to '/viewvc/matplotlib/branches/';
please relocate
Any clues?

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma