pylab.show() does nothing OSX Lion

Hi,

I've installed matplotlib on a new computer running OSX Lion 10.7.2 (Xcode version 4.2). When I open ipython and try to run:

In [1]: import pylab
In [2]: pylab.figure(); pylab.plot([0,1],[2,2]); pylab.show()

nothing happens. I can, however, save the plot using pylab.savefig. I am using matplotlib version 1.1.0, with Python 2.7.2 and ipython version 0.11. I installed all of these using MacPorts (specifically, the python27, py27-matplotlib, and py27-ipython ports).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as interactive plotting is important for my work.

Thanks,
Collin

I’ve been suffering from installing Scipy, Numpy, and matplotlib on my Mac-Lion system. I’ve searched through google and attempted a couple of the methods. Some worked fine, some not. In the end I decided to use Enthought Python Distribution. I’ve found it very easy and working fine. Of course, I’d like to get things going by my own. But it is sometimes too difficult and time-consuming.

Youngung

···

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Collin Capano <cdcapano@…3861…> wrote:

Hi,

I’ve installed matplotlib on a new computer running OSX Lion 10.7.2 (Xcode version 4.2). When I open ipython and try to run:

In [1]: import pylab

In [2]: pylab.figure(); pylab.plot([0,1],[2,2]); pylab.show()

nothing happens. I can, however, save the plot using pylab.savefig. I am using matplotlib version 1.1.0, with Python 2.7.2 and ipython version 0.11. I installed all of these using MacPorts (specifically, the python27, py27-matplotlib, and py27-ipython ports).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as interactive plotting is important for my work.

Thanks,

Collin

All the data continuously generated in your IT infrastructure

contains a definitive record of customers, application performance,

security threats, fraudulent activity, and more. Splunk takes this

data and makes sense of it. IT sense. And common sense.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-novd2d

Matplotlib-users mailing list

Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users