Py2exe Freezing Trouble

Hey again,

I was having trouble getting py2exe to include all the libraries in matplotlib so I created a very simple GTK + matplotlib program to do some testing. The weird thing is that before the reformat + reinstall of my Windows desktop this very process was working great.

Included in the attachments is the output of >python setup.py py2exe in the file py2exe.out.

Next is the setup.py file just to prove that it should work (setup.py).
Last is the sample application test.py used to demonstrate the py2exe failure.

What you will need to do is copy the .dlls from your GTK\bin directory to the local copy of the GTK\lib directory (all of this under the dist directory that py2exe produces). Also be sure to copy the GTK\etc directory there as well and you should be able to get the GTK part up and running.

The problem code is the following import statements:
import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('GTKAgg')
import matplotlib.backends.backend_gtkagg
import matplotlib.pylab

I would attach my whole work directory, but that might have been too large for the mailing list (the GTK part of it is several MBs alone).

Joe

py2exe.out (111 KB)

setup.py (732 Bytes)

test.py (614 Bytes)

Hello all,

I still have not been able to solve this problem and need a little assistance. So far I've tried every permutation
of the -i and -p command-line options (-p matplotlib.numerix, -i matplotlib.numerix.*), but to no avail. My next
step is to see if I can rebuild the environment that I had when the py2exe thing was working (downgrade all the
versions of the involved packages). What I need in the meantime is some speculation as to why this is failing.

Thanks,
Joe

Hey folks, after an afternoon of mixing and matching pythons, py2exes and matplotlibs I was able to downgrade to a version that works.

python: 2.3.5
py2exe: 0.5.2
pygtk: 2.4.1
numeric: 23.7
numarray: 1.1.1
matplotlib: 0.65.1

My money is on something about matplotlib changed from 0.65.1 to the
current version. But having dirty build and dist directories could
have affected things as well. So the issue has been sort of resolved
for me (I can make do with the older version of matplotlib
just fine), but maybe not for someone else who needs a newer version
of the library.

Keep up the great work everyone,

Joe

Joe Garfield wrote:

ยทยทยท

Hello all,

I still have not been able to solve this problem and need a little assistance. So far I've tried every permutation
of the -i and -p command-line options (-p matplotlib.numerix, -i matplotlib.numerix.*), but to no avail. My next
step is to see if I can rebuild the environment that I had when the py2exe thing was working (downgrade all the
versions of the involved packages). What I need in the meantime is some speculation as to why this is failing.

Thanks,
Joe

-------------------------------------------------------
SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click