problems with latest Matplotlib 1.0, pyQt4 and py2exe

Hi.

First of all, I would like to thank the developers of this wonderful package.

I started doing an app and I finally tried to compile it with py2exe. I run into some issues that I posted in the py2exe group here;

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=ienv6p%24b42%241%40dough.gmane.org&forum_name=py2exe-users

To make it work, I ended it up having to use an older version of matplotlib and numpy. I don't know if the developers of matplotlib are aware of these issues and I am posting here just in case they don't know.

When I was trying to use version 1.0, I run into problems with the mpl data directory. The output of py2exe could only find the mpl-data dir at the root /dist of a drive. Then I decided to try a much earlier version of matplotlib, and I run into different set of problems. Finally, I tried matplotlib 0.99.1 and the problems went away (I didn't try version 0.99.3 because its release date was too close to the version 1.0).

I am just trying to make the developers aware of the problems and I hope to use newer versions in the future.

Thanks for your attention

Ran into the same problem,
are there any hints to track down the problem.

I tried to remove the MatPlotLib from py2exe and added MatPlatlib manual afterwards,
but still it point to the wrong directory.

thanks,
Stef Mientki

···

On 26-12-2010 15:18, zb wrote:

Hi.

I started doing an app and I finally tried to compile it with py2exe. I run into some issues that I posted in the py2exe group here;

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=ienv6p%24b42%241%40dough.gmane.org&forum_name=py2exe-users

To make it work, I ended it up having to use an older version of matplotlib and numpy. I don't know if the developers of matplotlib are aware of these issues and I am posting here just in case they don't know.

When I was trying to use version 1.0, I run into problems with the mpl data directory. The output of py2exe could only find the mpl-data dir at the root /dist of a drive. Then I decided to try a much earlier version of matplotlib, and I run into different set of problems. Finally, I tried matplotlib 0.99.1 and the problems went away (I didn't try version 0.99.3 because its release date was too close to the version 1.0).

I am just trying to make the developers aware of the problems and I hope to use newer versions in the future.

I can not reproduce this problem with matplotlib 1.0.1, PyQt 4.8.3, py2exe-0.6.10dev, Python 2.7.1. The only thing I noticed is that some toolbar icons are not displayed.

Christoph

···

On 2/14/2011 12:41 PM, Stef Mientki wrote:

I tried to remove the MatPlotLib from py2exe and added MatPlatlib manual afterwards,

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Hi.

After searching for the path in all files in the distro,
I found the problem:
   font caching of Matplotlib
After removing C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.matplotlib
everything works ok.

So the remaining question is,
is there an elegant way, either in py2exe or in matplotlib,
to get arounf this caching problem ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki

···

On 14-02-2011 21:41, Stef Mientki wrote:

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Hi.