problems merging docfixs to master from v1.0.x

Jouni K. Sepp�nen <jks@...278...> writes:

I tried to merge my changes into master with the no-op "ours" strategy
to prevent exactly this kind of problems while waiting for the other
request to move forward, but apparently I didn't do it right. I'll take
a look tonight (but right now I must attend to other things).

So I had merged the *feature branch* on which the README.osx and
make.osx changes were into master with --strategy ours, but not the
*merge commit* where I merged that feature branch into v1.0.x. I now
merged the merge commit as well, and it seems to have helped: I was
able to merge v1.0.x into master with only the conflict in
installing_faq.rst.

Sorry about the confusion.

···

--
Jouni K. Sepp�nen
http://www.iki.fi/jks

No problem. Thanks for helping with that. The commit looks good to me.

Ben Root

···

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Jouni K. Seppänen <jks@…552…278…> wrote:

Jouni K. Seppänen <jks@…278…> writes:

I tried to merge my changes into master with the no-op “ours” strategy

to prevent exactly this kind of problems while waiting for the other

request to move forward, but apparently I didn’t do it right. I’ll take

a look tonight (but right now I must attend to other things).

So I had merged the feature branch on which the README.osx and

make.osx changes were into master with --strategy ours, but not the

merge commit where I merged that feature branch into v1.0.x. I now

merged the merge commit as well, and it seems to have helped: I was

able to merge v1.0.x into master with only the conflict in

installing_faq.rst.

Sorry about the confusion.