Problems building Sphinx sampledoc tutorial on Windows

Hello all,

I am trying (unsuccessfully at present) to build the sampledoc tutorial on windows with the freshest sampledoc tutorial and svn-build matplotlib on windows xp, and I was wondering if I was missing a step along the way. I would really like to be able to use Sphinx to document my project. A collection of errors is generated when I try to do

make html

in the root sampledoc_tut folder that I pulled from svn. When I open the generated html files, rather than seeing the plots on the extensions page, I see no-image icons and the links to the code, png, and pdf files are output as :

[source code <.\plot_directive\pyplots/ellipses.py>, hires.png <.\plot_directive\pyplots/ellipses.hires.png>,pdf <.\plot_directive\pyplots/ellipses.pdf>__]

Something seems to be messed up somewhere along the way. It should build straight away out of the box, no??

The build errors that I get are:

C:\Documents and Settings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\sphinxext\inheritance_diagram.py:312: DeprecationWarning: xfileref_role is deprecated, use XRefRole

‘class’, ‘:class:%s’ % name, name, 0, state)

C:\Documents and Settings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\extensions.rst:: (ERROR/3) Anonymous hyperlink mismatch: 5 references but 0 targets.

See “backrefs” attribute for IDs.

C:\Documents and Settings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\extensions.rst:: WARNING: image file not readable: C:\DocumentsandSettings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\build\plot_directive\pyplots\ellipses.png

C:\Documents and Settings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\extensions.rst:: WARNING: image file not readable: C:\DocumentsandSettings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\build\plot_directive\pyplots\ellipses.pdf

C:\Documents and Settings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\extensions.rst:: WARNING: image file not readable: C:\DocumentsandSettings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\build\plot_directive\inline\aa2bc10136.png

C:\Documents and Settings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\extensions.rst:: WARNING: image file not readable: C:\DocumentsandSettings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\build\plot_directive\inline\aa2bc10136.pdf

looking for now-outdated files… none found

pickling environment… done

checking consistency… done

preparing documents… done

writing output… [ 50%] extensions

###writing output… [100%] index

C:\Documents and Settings\ibell\Desktop\sampledoc_tut\extensions.rst:220: (WARNING/2) ‘dot’ called with invalid arguments

writing additional files… genindex search

copying static files… done

dumping search index… done

dumping object inventory… done

build succeeded, 6 warnings.

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo, …) failed.

make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make: *** [html] Error 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

···

Ian Bell
Graduate Research Assistant
Herrick Labs
Purdue University
email: ibell@…901…
cell: (607)227-7626