plotting problems in qt4agg backend on Mac OS X

Hi matplotters,

I am trying to create an image and save it to pdf.

Unfortunately, the result is much different if I save it to pdf, eps or png.

I am on Mac OS X 10.4, using qt4 4.5.0 and the qt4agg backend (but the problems also occur with -dmacosx).

The plot I am trying to make is an overlay of hists + datapoints with errorbars.

The png roughly looks like I would expect (although I can’t figure out how to plot a straight black horizontal line at y=0. pylab.plot doesn’t seem to do what I want)

The eps doesn’t get filled with the correct colors, and the pdf and the svg don’t work at all.

The error message for saving as svg is inlined below the message.

The rest of the files should be accessible at https://jstrube.web.cern.ch/jstrube/matplotlib_testcase/

You need the python bindings to CERN’s ROOT libraries if you want to reproduce the plot.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jan

File “analyzeLambdaPbarGammaShape.py”, line 128, in

pl.savefig('lambdaPbarGamma_all.svg')

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/pyplot.py”, line 354, in savefig

return fig.savefig(*args, **kwargs)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/figure.py”, line 1002, in savefig

self.canvas.print_figure(*args, **kwargs)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_qt4agg.py”, line 144, in print_figure

FigureCanvasAgg.print_figure(self, *args, **kwargs)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backend_bases.py”, line 1476, in print_figure

**kwargs)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backend_bases.py”, line 1355, in print_svg

return svg.print_svg(*args, **kwargs)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py”, line 615, in print_svg

return self._print_svg(filename, svgwriter, fh_to_close, **kwargs)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py”, line 650, in _print_svg

self.figure.draw(renderer)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/artist.py”, line 46, in draw_wrapper

draw(artist, renderer, *kl)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/figure.py”, line 774, in draw

for a in self.axes: a.draw(renderer)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/artist.py”, line 46, in draw_wrapper

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/axes.py”, line 1826, in draw

a.draw(renderer)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/patches.py”, line 326, in draw

renderer.draw_path(gc, tpath, affine, rgbFace)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py”, line 233, in draw_path

self._draw_svg_element('path', 'd="%s"' % path_data, gc, rgbFace)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py”, line 69, in _draw_svg_element

style = self._get_style(gc, rgbFace)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py”, line 121, in _get_style

fill = "url(#%s)" % self._get_hatch(gc, rgbFace)

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_svg.py”, line 107, in _get_hatch

(HATCH_SIZE+1, HATCH_SIZE+1, rgb2hex(rgbFace)))

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/colors.py”, line 221, in rgb2hex

return '#%02x%02x%02x' % tuple([round(val*255) for val in rgb])

TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable