Plotting contour lines

Can someone please explain how to coordinates need to be passed to contour for 3D graphs? I see all the examples use sample data, but I can’t find any information on how the input points need to be
formatted.

Currently I have three array, one for the X, one for Y, and another for a Z value, and I was to plot each set on a 3D contour graph. What do I need to do to format these points correctly?

Thank you

Andrew

Andrew,

The data input for contourf3d is pretty much the same as it is for regular 2-D contourf. Essentially, X and Y are the grid coordinates, while Z represents the value at those grid points. Z should be a NxM array. X and Y should be NxM, or X is length N, with Y being length M.

I hope that clears it up.
Ben Root

···

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Andrew Chapkowski <achapkowski@…3375…> wrote:

Can someone please explain how to coordinates need to be passed to contour for 3D graphs? I see all the examples use sample data, but I can’t find any information on how the input points need to be
formatted.

Currently I have three array, one for the X, one for Y, and another for a Z value, and I was to plot each set on a 3D contour graph. What do I need to do to format these points correctly?

Thank you

Andrew