As I recall, John had time to help in June, but less after that. I
don't think we ever reached an agreement as to schedule. It simply went
into slide mode.
I am back from my vacation so I have time again. I figured since I
was leaving and people were making fantastic progress on pull requests
and tickets that it was best to wait. But I'm available now to help
with the release.
Most documentation work that seems to remain are Animation module (and I
would love to find out if there is some way to embed a video using
sphinx) and the release-related documentation such as "what's new".
Also, do we plan to now host the documentation and downloads on github,
or are we still sticking with sourceforge for that?
ipython has moved to github for their homepage and documentation, but as
far as I can see, github has no facility for hosting downloads; the
ipython tarballs are on scipy.org.
No strong opinions here. It probably makes sense to move as much
stuff to github as possible now that the issue tracker has been moved,
but the sf download stuff is pretty good now and I haven't
investigated whether github offers equivalents. Also, our donations
are processed through sf and they are non-negligible. I found this
old post on github about accepting donations
https://github.com/blog/57-getting-paid-the-open-source-way; not sure
if this is still current.
This looks to be a very nice release!
Question: simply abandon v1.0.x-maint without a release?
I would say yes here -- we can leave the branch around for a while in
case there is a reason to cut a release from it, but I don't think it
makes sense to do a release of the branch otherwise.
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Eric Firing <efiring@...229...> wrote: