Pixel marker - colour problem

Hi,

Just recently upgraded to Matplotlib 1.1.0 from 1.0.1. I make significant use of the pixel marker in plot. For instance:

plt.plot(self.dat.duration, self.dat.fmpwr, ‘b,’, label=“Power”, markevery= self.skip)

I’ve found that since upgrading all my plots appear to be black now if they us the pixel marker ‘,’ option. Upon closer inspection it looks like there may be some colour (but not the standard shade of blue or red) to the pixels but as they layer up they appear black. This is a bit frustrating as my plots were bright blue, bright red etc.

Does anyone know if the default behaviour has changed in the most recent release, any ideas how I get the colour back?

Thanks in advance.

Burly.

Adding markeredgecolor=‘b’ to the plot() call restores the full color. (I don’t know when or why the behavior changed.)

Warren

···

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 5:44 AM, Cumberland, Burly <Burly.Cumberland@…4079…> wrote:

Hi,

Just recently upgraded to Matplotlib 1.1.0 from 1.0.1. I make significant use of the pixel marker in plot. For instance:

plt.plot(self.dat.duration, self.dat.fmpwr, ‘b,’, label=“Power”, markevery= self.skip)

I’ve found that since upgrading all my plots appear to be black now if they us the pixel marker ‘,’ option. Upon closer inspection it looks like there may be some colour (but not the standard shade of blue or red) to the pixels but as they layer up they appear black. This is a bit frustrating as my plots were bright blue, bright red etc.

Does anyone know if the default behaviour has changed in the most recent release, any ideas how I get the colour back?